Rexulti is a type of antipsychotic drug prescribed to treat the major depressive disorder (MDD). It functions by modifying the chemical actions in the brain.
What is Rexulti used for?
- It is used with antidepressant drugs if your doctor believes that antidepressant alone is inadequate to treat MDD in adults.
- This drug is used to treat schizophrenia symptoms.
Our company Candrugstore offers competitive pricing on this product so check out our page for your Rexulti cost.
Rexulti vs Abilify
- Both these medications are used to treat schizophrenia and have been approved for usage with antidepressants to treat MDD.
- Rexulti is a viable choice for patients suffering from depression or schizophrenia. Abilify can be used to treat bipolar disorder, psychosis, mania, depression, and autistic disorder irritability.
- This medication comes exclusively in pill form, whereas Abilify comes in pill, dissolving tablet, liquid, and injection forms.
Rexulti and Alcohol
One should not drink alcohol while taking this medication. Excess sedation and psychomotor impairment may be exacerbated by the combination, potentially leading to accidents. It can also cause shallow or even non-existent breathing.
- The following range of strengths are available:
- 0.25 milligrams (mg)
- 0.5 mg
- 1 mg
- 2 mg
- 3 mg
- 4 mg
- Dose for Major Depressive Disorder:
- The typical starting dosage is 0.5 or 1 mg once daily. After 1 to 2 weeks of treatment, your doctor may increase the dosage to 2 mg per day.
- The maximum dosage for depression is 3 mg per day.
- Schizophrenia treatment:
- Starting dose: 1 mg daily on Days 1- 4;
- Adjust to 2 mg once a day on days 5–7, then to 4 mg on day 8, based on the patient’s clinical response and tolerance.
- You can take this medication with or without food.
- Keep hydrated to avoid dehydration.
- It must be taken exactly as prescribed by your physician. Read and follow all of the drug guides or instructions that came with your prescription.
Rexulti Side Effects:
Your doctor should be informed of any new or worsening symptoms such as:
- mood changes
- Panic attacks
- Trouble sleeping
- Being more depressed, or having thoughts about hurting yourself.
- This drug should not be used if you are allergic to brexpiprazole. Consult your doctor if you notice any symptoms such as rash, itching/swelling of face, tongue, or throat, dizziness, difficulty breathing
- This prescription drug is not approved for treatment in dementia-related psychosis due to the increased risk of death.
- Do not suddenly stop taking this medication since this may worsen the situation.
- Closely monitor blood sugar levels if you have diabetes.
- Suicidal thoughts are experienced in some young people when first taking anti-depressants.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Rexulti’s weight gain possible?
Yes, weight gain is one possible side effect of this medication due to a significant increase in appetite.
Is this drug a mood stabilizer?
Yes, it helps improve mood and enhance energy levels. It improves appetite and sleep.