This medication is an oral diabetes medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes. Semaglutide, a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist. GLP1 is a hormone that makes you feel full between meals and encourages your body to produce more insulin to help break down your blood glucose. GLP1 agonists are drugs that replicate the activity of the GLP1 hormone in the body.
How does Rybelsus work
- It suppresses your appetite by regulating the main hunger hormone GLP-1.
- It slows down the gastric emptying process, which means your body processes food more slowly and stays fuller for longer.
- The drug aids in the acceleration of your metabolism by assisting the liver in the use of an enzyme to break down glycogen in a safe and controlled manner.
Rybelsus vs Metformin
- This medication is an oral drug used to enhance blood sugar control in persons over the age of 18 who have type 2 diabetes after other standard treatments have failed.
- Metformin enhances the body’s insulin response and is useful in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Rybelsus vs Ozempic
- This medication and Ozempic both contain the same active substance, semaglutide, but in different formulations. Rybelsus are administered orally, and Ozempic is administered subcutaneously.
- Take this medication on an empty stomach first thing every morning.
- This diabetes medicine should be taken with no more than 4 ounces of water.
Rybelsus Side Effects
The following are the most serious side effects of this diabetes medicine:
- Pain in the abdomen
- Appetite suppression
- Diabetes mellitus
- If you or anybody in your family has ever had MTC, or if you have the endocrine system disorder Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2, avoid using this medication as a blood sugar-lowering medication (MEN 2)
- If you are allergic to Semaglutide or any of the components in this Type 2 diabetes medicine, do not use this.
- Keep these tablets in the blister pack until you are ready to use them / Remove the tablet from the blister. Do not remove the tablet from its container. Swallow the tablet whole without cutting, crushing, or chewing.
Frequently Asked Questions
-Is this medication weight loss possible?
Yes, it has helped many people lose weight. Rybelsus helps you feel full after a meal, which is one of the ways it works.
-What is Rybelsus 3 mg for?
Start with 3 mg once daily for 30 days. The 3 mg dose is for treatment beginning only and is ineffective for glycemic control. Increase the dose to 7 mg once daily after 30 days on the 3 mg dose.
-Interaction between Rybelsus and Alcohol
This medication has no effect on alcohol. Patients must, however, inform their healthcare practitioners if they are drinking alcohol and whether it is safe to do so.