What is Beconase AQ used for?
Beconase AQ Nasal Spray is a corticosteroid with the generic name beclomethasone dipropionate. It is an allergy drug for treating nasal congestion, stuffy or runny nose, and sneezing. Also, it is given to patients to prevent the recurrence of nasal polyps after surgically removing them.
Allergens are viewed as a threat to the body because they cause chemical substances in the body to be alerted, resulting in inflammation and swelling.
This drug, Beconase AQ, has anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictive effects. After inhalation, it inhibits the release of inflammatory cells (mast cells, eosinophils, basophils, lymphocytes, macrophages, and neutrophils). Also, it suppresses the release of inflammatory mediators (histamine, eicosanoids, leukotrienes, and cytokines). As a result, nasal airway irritation is reduced, and breathing is improved.
Beconase AQ is available in 50 mcg nasal spray.
How to use Beconase AQ?
Before using beclomethasone dipropionate, thoroughly read all drug directions and information. Use the drug as directed on the prescription label or as directed by your doctor. If you have any questions on how to use this medication, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Spray Beconase AQ Nasal into the nostrils. The recommended dose is one to two sprays into each nostril once daily.
Shake the bottle thoroughly and remove the dust cap and the safety clip before using this medication. Prime the spray for the first time you use it or if you haven’t used it in a while. Press the nasal applicator until a fine mist comes out from the bottle.
When using the spray, gently blow your nose to cleanse the nostrils. By pressing one nostril, you can close it. Close one nostril by pressing it. Keep the container in an upright position. Tilt your head forward and place the nasal applicator carefully into the open nostril. Press the pump to release the drug and inhale through your nose. Slowly exhale through your mouth. Before blowing your nose, wait at least 15 minutes after spraying.
If you need to use more than one spray, repeat these procedures. After each use, wipe the nasal applicator with a clean cloth or tissue and replace the dust cap. Since this is a metered-dose medication, it counts down each time you spray.
Gargle and rinse your mouth with plain water after taking the drug to avoid a fungal infection of the upper respiratory tract.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage, and avoid spraying into the mouth or eyes. Doing so may increase the likelihood of having side effects. Do not alter your Beconase AQ dosage without first consulting your doctor. Dosing and frequency depend on your health, age, and tolerance to therapy.
Beconase AQ Side Effects
The following are the most common side effects of beclomethasone dipropionate nasal spray, which usually improve with time:
- Symptoms of the flu (sneezing, runny or stuffy nose, headache, fever)
- Swelling or irritation in your nose
- Nose dryness
Seek medical advice right away if any of these side effects worsen or if you experience any of the following adverse reactions:
- Severe nosebleed
- Ulcers in the nose
- Visual problems (blurred vision, tunnel vision, and eye pain)
- Stomach upset (nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite)
- Weight changes
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Muscle weakness or extremely tired
- Decreased wound healing
- Signs of infection: white spots found within the nose, ear pain, fever, chills, sore throat
This list does not include all of the drug’s potential side effects. Other unwanted outcomes are possible.
- Ensure that you have fully disclosed your medical history before beginning this therapy to your doctor, especially if you have asthma, eye problems, an ulcer in the nose, or any infection, as this can exacerbate your condition.
- Tell your doctor if you’re taking immunosuppressants, over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements, etc.
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to beclomethasone dipropionate or other ingredients. Keep an eye out for any allergic reactions such as rashes, hives, swelling of the face and lips, throat tightness, or difficulty breathing when taking this drug. You should seek medical assistance as soon as these signs and symptoms develop.
- Avoid contact with people who have chickenpox, measles, or the flu because it increases your chances of getting infections and worsening your health.
- This medication has been linked to slowed growth in children and should be discussed with your doctor because they must be monitored regularly.
- Store this medicine in a cool, dry place. Make sure to keep this nasal spray out of the reach of children.
How much does Beconase AQ cost?
Candrugstore.com offers the most affordable Beconase AQ price. We also carry the generic version for a much cheaper cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can pregnant women use Beconase AQ nasal spray?
There aren’t enough clinical trials on pregnant women. Before using this drug, consult with your doctor first. Its therapeutic effects should outweigh the drug’s adverse implications.
What is the recommended age for using Beconase AQ?
This nasal spray is appropriate for children aged six and up. This medicine’s safety and effectiveness in children under six years old have not been verified.
How long will it take for Beconase AQ to start working?
The patient’s condition improves within three days of starting the treatment, and it may take up to two weeks to see the full benefit of this drug.
Is Beconase AQ over the counter drug?
No, you must obtain a doctor’s prescription before purchasing this drug.