Adalax XL Product Description
Adalat XL (Nifedipine) is used to treat hypertension and angina (chest pain due to exercise or stress). It works by relaxing blood vessels to manage blood pressure and lessen the number of angina episodes. In addition to treating coronary spasms, the immediate-acting form of nifedipine is used to treat sudden constriction of the coronary artery. This medicine belongs to a family of drugs known as calcium channel blockers.
Adalat XL 30mg 24 h-tablet is typically the starting dose prescribed to treat angina. On the other hand, 20 mg-30 mg once daily of a long-acting formula of nifedipine is the usual starting dose for treatment of high blood pressure. Even if you do not feel its effects, this drug begins to work after a few hours.
Adalat XL Cost
The price of this drug varies based on the strength you purchase. You may buy Adalat XL from Candrugstore.com with confidence and at a reasonable price. When purchasing Adalat XL, a prescription is required.
- You can take nifedipine with or without meals.
- Long-acting medications should be consumed whole, without being bitten, crushed, chewed, or split.
- Dosage is determined by individual tolerance and reaction and should begin with a modest dosage. For first therapy, higher dosages (e.g., 60 mg or 90 mg) are not indicated.
- Once the dosage has been stabilized, higher doses should be utilized for therapy.
Adalat XL Side Effects
If you experience any of the following adverse effects, contact your doctor or health care provider right once.
- Breathing difficulty
- Weight gain or reduction that is uncommon
- Trembling in the legs, arms, hands, or foot
- Rapid, erratic, hammering, or racing heartbeats or pulses
- Cramping in the muscles
- Hands or feet tremor or trembling
- Quick gaining of weight
For a comprehensive list of adverse effects, see your doctor.
- Grapefruit juice might raise nifedipine levels in the blood. Drinking grapefruit juice or eating grapefruit before or while taking nifedipine is not recommended.
- Nifedipine for immediate release should not be administered within one week of a heart attack.
- Adalat XL may have an effect on male fertility. If this is crucial to you, see your doctor.
- Inform your doctor that you are taking this medicine if you are scheduled for surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
–How does Adalat XL work?
It relaxes your blood vessels, allowing your heart to pump more efficiently. It also improves the delivery of blood and oxygen to the heart, which helps to alleviate chest discomfort (angina) high blood pressure, and Pulmonary Hypertension.
-Is this medicine indicated for a nursing mother?
This medicine is excreted in breast milk. If you are breastfeeding and using nifedipine, it may have an effect on your infant. Breast-feeding is discouraged for women on nifedipine. Discuss with your doctor if you should continue breastfeeding.