This medication is a drug used to help adult patients with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), a disease that affects a variety of body parts, walk better. Multiple Sclerosis is a syndrome in which the immune system targets nervous system cells, causing irreversible harm. This medication and other drugs can help patients with MS improve their symptoms and function, but they cannot cure the disease.
We are committed to providing the safest and most cost-effective pharmaceutical solutions accessible. Check out the Ampyra cost we provided above to see how much less we charge for medications than other stores and pharmacies.
What is Ampyra used for?
- This medication is a potassium channel blocker that improves conduction in nerve cells that have been damaged by immune system responses.
- Ampyra for MS relieves a variety of symptoms such as pain, difficulty with coordination, difficulty thinking, exhaustion, weakness, bladder difficulties, and other manifestations affecting several systems in the body caused by MS.
Ampyra Mechanism of Action
Its precise mechanism of action is uncertain. However, it is known to inhibit potassium transport between nerve cells. This medication enhanced nerve signal conduction in animal tests.
Adult Standard Dose for Multiple Sclerosis:
- 10 mg orally every 12 hours is the maximum dose.
- This drug should be taken exactly as your doctor has prescribed. All drug guides or instruction sheets should be read, and all directions on your prescription label should be followed.
- You can take this medication even without meals.
- Tablets should be taken whole, without being separated, crushed, chewed, or dissolved.
- If a dose is missed, patients should not take duplicate or extra doses.
Ampyra Side Effects
Potential Side Effects of this medication:
- Irritable bowel syndrome/nausea
This is not an exhaustive list of possible adverse effects; more may appear. For medical advice on side effects, talk to your doctor.
- Taking too much dalfampridine may raise your chances of having a seizure. Dosages should be taken 12 hours apart. In a period of 24 hours, no more than two tablets should be consumed.
- If you have a seizure, pain or burning when urinating, problems with your balance, numbness or tingling, or a relapse of your MS symptoms, stop taking this medication immediately and contact your doctor.
Frequently asked Questions
-Is Ampyra for weight loss possible?
Yes, people who take this medication lose weight, especially women aged 50 to 59 who have been taking the medicine for 2 to 5 years.
-How long will it take Ampyra to be effective?
You may notice an improvement in your walking abilities within a few weeks or up to six weeks of taking this medication. People respond differently to this medication, and it does not work for everyone. It is necessary that you take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor.