This medication is an antibiotic that fights bacterial infections in the body. It operates by interfering with the methods that bacteria utilize to multiply.
Avelox 400 mg is administered orally or intravenously once every 24 hours. The length of treatment is determined by the type of infection.
- The Avelox antibiotic is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, sinuses, lungs, and stomach.
- It is used for the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia, plague, bacterial sinusitis, and chronic bronchitis with a bacterial infection.
Avelox Drug Class:
- This medication belongs to a class of antibiotic drugs called fluoroquinolones. It functions by stopping the growth of bacteria and treating only bacterial infections. This drug will not work for viral infections like the common cold.
- This medication is safe to take with or without food.
- This medication should be taken 4 hours before or 8 hours after any of the following:
- Along with your dose, drink lots of water.
- Even if you no longer feel ill, finish your entire prescription.
Avelox Side Effects:
The following are some of the most prevalent Avelox antibiotic adverse effects:
- Low potassium levels in the blood
- Pain in the abdomen
- Elevated liver enzymes
This is not an exhaustive list of side effects; visit your doctor for further information.
- This can cause major adverse effects including tendon difficulties, nerve damage, severe mood or behavioral disorders, and low blood sugar.
- Stop using this medication and contact your doctor right away if you experience any of the following: headache, hunger, irritability, numbness, tingling, burning pain, confusion, agitation, paranoia, problems with memory or concentration, suicidal thoughts, or sudden pain or movement problems in any of your joints.
- Moxifloxacin may induce aorta damage in rare situations, leading to serious bleeding or death. If you are experiencing severe and ongoing discomfort in your chest, stomach, or back, seek emergency medical attention.
- This can induce tendon swelling or tears. If you experience unexpected pain, swelling, bruising, tenderness, stiffness, or movement issues in any of your joints, stop taking this medication and contact your doctor immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions:
-What is the purpose of Avelox IV?
Avelox IV is a sterile intravenous antibiotic used to treat severe infections of the lungs and airways in adults. It is also useful in the treatment of severe, difficult skin and skin structure infections. It is injected slowly intravenously for at least 60 minutes daily for 5 to 21 days. This drug is used to begin treatment, and your doctor may prescribe pills to finish the course.
–Is Avelox Pneumonia medication a good choice for pneumonia treatment?
Yes, this drug is a very effective and safe treatment for patients with Community-Acquired Pneumonia and is greatly accepted by doctors and patients because of quick symptom improvement.