Avodart Product Description:
This medication is used to treat men with enlarged prostates who have benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It improves urine flow and may lessen the need for prostate surgery in the future. This medication stops the body from converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT plays a role in the progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
The price of this medication will vary based on the strength you purchase. When purchasing this drug, a prescription is required. You can buy this medication from us with confidence and at a reasonable price.
Avodart Generic is also available and may be much less expensive than the brand-name equivalent. Unless you have a unique reason for needing the brand, generic medication will be a better deal.
Avodart vs Flomax:
- Flomax (tamsulosin hydrochloride) and Avodart medications (dutasteride) are used to treat the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia, a disease of the prostate gland (BPH, a noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland).
- Avodart and Flomax are in distinct pharmacological classes. Avodart is a synthetic 4-azasteroid molecule, and Flomax is an alpha-blocker.
- Sometimes Flomax and Avodart are prescribed simultaneously.
- This medication is typically taken once daily at a dose of 0.5 mg. When used with tamsulosin, the standard dosage is 0.5 mg once daily.
- The capsule should not be split or broken in any way.
- Your blood may need to be tested frequently to ensure that this drug is addressing your condition and not producing side effects.
Side Effects of Avodart
The possible adverse effect of taking this medication are as follows:
- Decreased sex drive
- Enlarged or tender breasts
These are not the only negative effects that people taking this medication may experience, but they are the most prevalent. For a complete list of adverse effects, see your doctor.
- Women and children should not be allowed to handle this medication since it can be absorbed through the skin cells. This can cause birth problems for pregnant women.
- Since the ingredients in this medication can irritate your mouth, throat, or lips, you must swallow it completely.
- Tell your doctor if you have ever had an adverse reaction to dutasteride or a related prescription called finasteride (Propecia, Proscar) before taking Avodart
- This medication use may raise your chances of acquiring prostate cancer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does this medication cause prostate shrinkage?
Yes, because this drug inhibits DHT, which prevents the prostate from growing larger. Certain studies showed that patients who took this medication observed their prostate shrink faster than those who took a placebo.
How long does this medication take to work on the prostate?
Improvement in symptoms may be noticed as early as three months, while others may take up to six months.
When should you take this medication?
This can be taken at any time of day and is most effective when taken at the same time every day.