Factive is an antibiotic used to treat diseases such as bacterial pneumonia and bronchitis. This will not help with viral infections like the common cold or flu. This is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic that acts as a bactericidal, which means it kills the bacteria rather than just preventing it from replicating.
Factive antibiotics have the potential to induce significant or permanent adverse effects. This should only be used for illnesses that are resistant to other antibiotics.
- This can be taken with or without meals, and it has to be swallowed whole with plenty of fluids. A daily intake of 320 mg is recommended.
- Read the Factive drug guides or instruction sheets and follow all guidelines on your prescription label. Follow the medication’s instructions to the letter.
- Take this with water and drink plenty of fluids to maintain your kidneys functioning normally.
- Take your medicine daily at the same time, with or without food.
- The tablet should not be chewed, it should be swallowed whole.
- Even if your symptoms go away quickly, keep taking this medication for the specified amount of time. By skipping doses, you are increasing your chances of developing a drug-resistant illness. A viral infection, such as flu or a regular cold, cannot be treated with this medication.
Side Effects of Factive
- Severe stomach ache, watery or bloody diarrhea;
- Rapid or hammering heartbeats, chest fluttering, shortness of breath, and abrupt disorientation (as if you’re about to pass out);
- The first indication of any skin rash, whatever of severity;
- Muscular aches and pains, as well as breathing difficulties;
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes) is a condition in which the skin or eyes turn yellow.
- A convulsion (seizures); or
- Severe headaches, ringing in the ears, vision issues, and discomfort behind the eyes are all symptoms of increased pressure inside the skull.
Stop taking this medication if you experience the above and see your doctor right away.
- Tendon difficulties, nerve damage, major mood or behavior changes, and low blood sugar are all possible adverse effects of this medication.
- Factive Medication may cause damage to your aorta in rare situations, which might result in serious bleeding or death. If you feel severe and persistent discomfort in your chest, stomach, or back, get emergency medical attention.
Frequently Asked Questions
-What should I avoid while on Factive?
This should not be taken with dairy products like milk or yogurt, or calcium-fortified juice. When taking this drug, you may eat or drink these goods as part of a regular meal, but not on your own. They may reduce the medication’s effectiveness.
-How does this medication kill bacteria?
Factive penetrates bacterial cells and interferes with DNA-gyrase, a bacterial enzyme. Bacterial DNA strands within their cells must split away and rejoin in order to proliferate. The bacterial DNA strands are unable to reconnect when this important enzyme is inhibited, and the cell dies.