Galvus Met tablet is a combination of two drugs, Vildagliptin and Metformin, prescribed in patients with type 2 diabetes to manage their blood sugar levels. This drug is an adjunct to exercise and a proper diet to improve glycemic control. This medication works by increasing insulin release and enhancing the body’s response to insulin. It lowers glucose production, thus further decreasing blood sugar levels.
Difference between Galvus and Galvus Met
The main difference between these two drugs is in their active ingredient. Galvus contains vildagliptin as its active ingredient. Galvus Met, on the other hand, is a drug with a combination of Vildagliptin and Metformin as the active ingredients.
Galvus Met Dosage
- The maximum daily dosage of vildagliptin is 100 mg. Initially, vildagliptin 50 mg bd + current metformin dosage was insufficiently managed on metformin monotherapy or dual combination treatment with insulin.
- Switching from vildagliptin and metformin co-administration to separate tabs: initiate based on current vildagliptin and metformin dose. On dual combination treatment with metformin and sulphonylurea Vildagliptin 50 mg bd and current metformin dosage.
- Treatment-naive patient: 50 mg/500 mg once day, progressively increased to 50 mg/1,000 mg once daily.
- To receive the maximum benefit, you should take it on a daily basis at the same time, and you should not stop until your doctor advises you to.
- It helps you maintain your blood sugar in balance and avoid major problems in the future.
- It is crucial to follow your doctor’s diet and exercise advice while taking this medicine. Diabetes management is mostly determined by one’s lifestyle.
Galvus Met Side Effects
The following are some of this medication’s most common adverse effects:
- Stomach ache
- Appetite loss.
- Galvus Met (Vildagliptin/Metformin) may produce dizziness and drowsiness. Avoid driving or using heavy machinery until you have a clear understanding of how the medicine affects your body.
- For certain people, this drug may not be safe. If you’re pregnant or nursing, or if you have any of the following conditions, tell your doctor before you start using it:
- If you’re taking any additional medications, tell your doctor (including all non-prescription meds).
- If you’re using any vitamins or herbal products, tell us about them.
- If you have any allergies or have any additional medical issues, inform your healthcare provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Galvus met 50/850 mg for?
This tablet is a combination of two drugs, 50 mg vildagliptin and 850 mg metformin hydrochloride that helps patients with type 2 diabetes manage their blood sugar levels. This medication works by increasing insulin release and enhancing the body’s insulin response. This can help you prevent serious diabetes complications, such as kidney disease.
Is Galvus Met available as an over-the-counter medication?
Galvus Met over the counter is not available. You will be required to get a valid prescription, so it is best to consult a doctor for more information.