Imitrex, also known as Imitrex Generic Sumatriptan, is a headache medication that works by constricting blood arteries in the brain. Sumatriptan also inhibits the production of chemicals in the body that causes migraine symptoms such as discomfort, nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and others.
This is exclusively used to relieve headaches. It will not help you avoid headaches or minimize the number of episodes you have.
This should not be used to treat a common tension headache or a headache that causes one side of your body to become immobile. Only use Imitrex if your problem has been diagnosed with migraine headaches.
Typical Adult Migraine Dose:
Only use if a definite migraine diagnosis has been confirmed.
- Once a day, take 25 mg, 50 mg, or 100 mg orally.
- If a response to the first dosage is observed, a second dose may be given at least 2 hours following the first dose if necessary.
- 50 and 100 mg oral dosages may offer more alleviation than 25 mg; however, a 100 mg dose may not have a stronger impact than a 50 mg dose.
- Dose maximum: 200 mg every 24 hours
- To swiftly address any major side effects, you may get your initial dosage in a hospital or clinic environment.
- Any instructions for use that came with your medicine should be read and followed carefully. If you don’t understand something, consult your healthcare provider.
Imitrex Side Effects:
The following are some of the most common negative effects:
- Tightness or soreness in your chest, throat, or jaw;
- A sense of pressure or heaviness in any portion of your body;
- Tingling or numbness; a hot or cold sensation;
- Dizziness, sleepiness, and exhaustion
- If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure, cardiac issues, certain heart rhythm abnormalities, a history of heart attack or stroke, or circulation problems that result in a shortage of blood flow within the body, you should not use Imitrex.
- If you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the last 14 days, such as isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, or tranylcypromine, don’t take this drug.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Imitrex?
This is a headache-relieving medicine known as a “triptan.” It is used to treat migraine headaches with or without aura.
What are Imitrex Contraindications?
Patients who are hypersensitive to sumatriptan or any of its components should not use this tablet.
Patients with hemiplegic or basilar migraines should also avoid using Imitrex.
How does Imitrex work?
It helps alleviate the agony of migraine and cluster headaches by constricting enlarged blood vessels in the brain.
How much is the price of this medication?
You may check the pricing of this product by clicking here.