Invokana (canagliflozin) is an oral diabetes medication that aids in blood sugar control. Canagliflozin aids in the removal of glucose from the bloodstream via the kidneys.
Invokana cost is cheaper from a Canadian mail order pharmacy so check out our prices on the top of this page.
What is Invokana used for?
- This medication is used to improve blood sugar management in people with type 2 diabetes, together with diet and exercise.
- This is also used to reduce the risk of death from a heart attack or stroke in patients with type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- This is also used to lower the risk of end-stage kidney disease, hospitalization, or death from cardiac problems in adults with type 2 diabetes with renal problems.
Invokana vs Jardiance:
- These two oral type 2 diabetes medications are used to treat high blood sugar in patients with this disease.
- Combined with diet and exercise, both medications can improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Jardiance’s recommended starting dose is 10 mg, which should be taken daily in the morning. This medication, on the other hand, comes with a recommended starting dose of 100 mg, to be taken once a day with the first meal.
Farxiga versus Invokana:
- The use of this medication has been linked to abdominal pain, while Farxiga has been linked to back pain.
- These two prescription drugs are type 2 diabetic medications that are taken orally.
- Invokana 100mg is used once a day as a starting dose. Your doctor will determine whether your dose should be increased to 300 mg.
- With a half glass of water, swallow the tablet whole.
- It’s recommended to take your tablet first thing in the morning.
Invokana Side Effects:
Possible adverse effects of this medication:
- Changes in your peeing habits
- Yeast infection in the genital area (vaginal infection in women and penis infection in men)
Rare but more serious adverse effects of this medication:
- Low blood pressure and dehydration
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Low blood sugar
- Ketone levels in the blood and urine have increased (ketoacidosis)
- If you have severe kidney disease or are on dialysis, you should not use this medication
- This has the potential to induce significant infections in the genital area. If you have burning, itching, odor, discharge, discomfort, tenderness, redness, or swelling of the vaginal or rectal area, seek medical attention immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is Invokana weight loss possible?
-Weight loss is a side effect of this medication as a result of excess sugar being discharged through urination.
- Why does this medication cause amputation?
-Studies showed that this medication damages leg circulation by increasing the amount of liquid excreted through urination. You are more prone to have foot ulcers or infections in your legs if your legs have poor circulation.