ISOPTO CARPINE (pilocarpine) is an ophthalmic solution prescribed to treat various eye problems. This is used alone or in combination with other medications.
The following are some of the applications for this medication:
- Management of acute angle-closure glaucoma;
- Lower eye pressure in people with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma. This will prevent vision loss and nerve damage.
- Reverse effects of drugs used to dilate the pupil such as during an eye exam.
- This may also prevent increasing eye pressure after laser surgery.
The price of this drug varies based on the strength you buy. When purchasing this drug, you will need a prescription. Our Isopto Carpine cost is very reasonable and affordable.
Isopto Carpine Dosage:
- One drop of 1%, 2%, or 4% should be administered topically to the eye(s) up to four times per day. Patients who are new to pilocarpine should start with a 1% concentration because larger doses are generally poorly tolerated at first.
Follow your doctor’s instructions. Read everything you’ve been given. Pay close attention to every instruction.
- Only for the eyes.
- Hands should be washed before and after usage.
- Avoid contact with the container tip to your eye, lid, or any other part of your body.
- Drop the medication into your eye by tilting your head back.
- Keep your eyes closed once you’ve finished using it. Apply pressure to the eye’s inner corner. Do this for a minute or two. This maintains the medicine in your eye for a longer period of time.
- Even if your symptoms improve, follow the instructions.
Isopto Carpine Side Effects:
Contact your doctor or get medical help right away if you see any of the following signs or symptoms that might suggest a significant side effect:
- Allergic reactions include rashes, hives, itching, red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; chest or throat tightness; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Changes in vision, eye discomfort, or severe eye irritation are all possible symptoms.
- When using these drops in children with congenital glaucoma, take care. The medicine has been reported to cause dangerously high amounts of ocular pressure.
- If you have a history of iritis, tell your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
-What is Isopto Carpine?
This medicine is most often used as an eye drop to treat glaucoma, but it is also used to treat a variety of other eye disorders.
-Is Isopto Carpine safe for long-term use?
A recent study showed that this medicine is effective and safe for long-term administration.
-What are Isopto Carpine contraindications?
Patients who are hypersensitive to this medicine or any substance in the formulation or component of the container should avoid it.
–How much is the price of this medication?
You may check the pricing of this product by clicking here.