Levitra is used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence. The condition ED is men’s failure to achieve or maintain an erection during sexual activity. This medication works by relaxing the blood flow to the penis to attain an erection. This drug needs to be integrated with sexual activity. It will not cure ED but help achieve a healthy and enjoyable sexual activity.
Generic Levitra is known as Vardenafil, the active ingredient in this medicine. Your doctor may prescribe this drug if you are experiencing ED.
You can buy Levitra online at a very reasonable price so check out the top of this page for Levitra cost.
- The initial dose is 10 mg orally once a day, as needed, 60 minutes prior to sexual activity. Depending on efficacy and tolerance, it may be increased to 20 mg or decreased to 5 mg.
- Levitra 20mg is the maximum dose prescribed per day.
How to use Levitra:
- Before taking this drug, inform your doctor about any of the following pre-existing conditions: low or high blood pressure, anatomical deformity of the pennis, heart problem, kidney or liver disease, cancer, diabetes, bleeding disorder, or history of erection that lasted more than four hours.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions before taking this medication Read drug guides or instruction papers that came with your prescription and follow strictly.
- This prescription drug is for oral use only, when necessary, approximately 60 minutes before sexual activity. When sexual arousal occurs, the medication can assist in achieving an erection.
- The tablet may be taken with or without food intake.
- Store in a cool dry place, at room temperature, away from moisture, heat, or light.
Side Effects of Levitra
The following are some of the most common side effects when using this medication:
- symptoms of the flu
- head or backache
- increased creatinine phosphokinase levels
- stuffy nose
Precautions when using Levitra:
- Inform your doctor if you have previous medical conditions, have a history of heart disease, low or high blood pressure before taking this medicine. This drug can potentially trigger these problems.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to vardenafil or are using other pulmonary arterial hypertension medications, such as riociguat.
- Antiviral drugs, antibiotics, and certain cardiovascular drugs may have negative interactions when taken with this Ed drug.
- It is not for men who are 18 years old and below.
- If you get a painful erection that lasts four hours or longer, immediately seek medical assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How often is Levitra taken?
-This should not be taken with more than one tablet per day.
What is the best time to take this drug?
-This is best taken 25 minutes-60 minutes before sexual activity.
Is Levitra effective in preventing pregnancy?
-No, this drug is not a male contraceptive.
Does this protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STD)?
-No, it is not a protection against STD.