Lumigan Eyedrops uses
Lumigan eye drops are used to reduce high eye pressure by increasing the fluid that drains from the eye. It is normally prescribed to people with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension. This medication helps preserve your vision by lowering eye pressure and alleviating eye pain. This medicine is also used to improve the volume, length, and color of the eyelashes for persons with hypotrichosis (lack of eyelash growth).
Bimatoprost is the Lumigan eyedrops generic equivalent of this ophthalmic solution.
The recommended Lumigan eyedrops dosage is one drop daily, in the evening, in the affected eye area. Lumigan Eyedrops 0.01% and 0.03% are available in a 3ml size bottle.
Lumigan eyedrops cost is very reasonable and this medicine is available with us so please check the top of the page for pricing.
- If wearing contact lenses, make sure to remove them before using medication. There are certain chemicals in this drug that may be absorbed through soft contact lenses. Wait at least 15 minutes after application of these eye drops before putting on your contact lenses.
- It should be used exactly as prescribed. Do not use in bigger amounts or for longer than your doctor has prescribed. Follow the directions on the back of your medication bottle.
- Hands must be washed thoroughly prior to using this medicine.
- Avoid contact with the medicine dropper, especially the eyes and hands. Contamination of the dropper might induce infection in the eye, resulting in vision loss or serious eye injury.
Side Effects of Lumigan eyedrops
Like all prescription medicines, this eye drop has the potential for negative effects such as:
- burning sensation
- itchiness in the eyes
- the increased flow of tears
- irritation, redness, pain, or stinging in the eyes
- eye strain
- dry eyes
- a sensation that feels something is in your eyes
- change in vision, inflamed eye or eyelids
This is not an exhaustive list of possible negative effects. Consult your doctor for medical advice on further side effects.
- Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- Discontinue its use in case your eyes get inflamed, painful, or have been discharged, and consult your doctor as soon as possible.
- If you are allergic to any of the substances in this medication, avoid using it.
- Contamination of eye solutions may result in serious eye infections.
- Do not stop using this medicine without first consulting your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best time to use Lumigan eyedrops?
-This is normally done in the evening once a day.
How long should I use Lumigan eyedrops?
-It must be used every day and for as long as it is prescribed by your doctor.
Is it possible to use this medication while wearing contact lenses?
-Take out your contact lenses before using the medication. Contact lenses can be used 15 minutes after application of the eye drops.
How long do Lumigan eyedrops last after opening?
-The remaining solutions should be disposed of four weeks from the date of opening.