Serc Product Description:
This medication is a drug prescribed to treat balance disorders or episodes of vertigo such as those associated with people with Ménière’s disease (an inner ear ailment that can lead to dizzy spells). The medication is administered in the form of an oral pill and should be taken before or after a meal. To get Serc or Betahistine generic, you must have a valid prescription. Serc tabs contain Betahistine dihydrochloride.
Betahistine is used to reduce the number of vertigo episodes caused by Ménière’s illness. It is thought to function by lowering the pressure in the ear. This pressure contributes to the dizziness, nausea, ringing in the ears, and hearing loss that persons suffering from Ménière’s disease experience.
Serc Dosage Information:
This medicine is available in two strengths as follow:
- Serc 16 mg
- Serc 24 mg
For adults, the usually suggested doses of betahistine are:
- Dosages ranging from 24 mg to 48 mg, administered in two or three divided doses (12 mg to 24 mg twice a day, or 8 mg to 16 mg three times a day).
- Betahistine is usually taken in divided daily doses of 24 mg to 48 mg. When using this medication, follow the directions on the package.
- It is critical that you take this medication exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- If you forget to take a dose, skip it and proceed with your regular dosing regimen.
- Do not duplicate the dose to make up for a missing one. If you are unsure what to do after missing a dosage, seek guidance from your doctor or pharmacist.
Serc Side Effects:
If you have any of these adverse effects and they are severe or bothersome, contact your doctor. Your pharmacist may be able to advise you on how to manage side effects.
- indigestion or heartburn
Although the majority of the adverse effects listed below are uncommon, they can develop into serious difficulties if you do not consult your doctor or seek medical assistance.
- The use of betahistine has been connected to an increase in stomach ulcer symptoms.
- Unless the benefits outweigh the dangers, this medicine should not be used during pregnancy.
- This drug may aggravate the symptoms of respiratory issues. If you have asthma, talk to your doctor about how this medicine can influence your health.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is this safe for children?
The safety and efficacy of this medicine in children have not been demonstrated.
How long should Serc be taken for vertigo?
Your doctor may advise a trial for 6-12 months to see if it helps to reduce symptoms and continue use if it does.