Proctofoam (pramoxine) is a medicine used to treat minor skin irritations like minor burns/cuts/scrapes, sunburn, eczema, bug bites, cold sores, or rashes from poison ivy, poison oak, or poison sumac by temporarily alleviating itching and pain. It is also recommended to treat discomforts due to hemorrhoids and other problems of the anal area.
How to use Proctofoam?
- Follow the doctor’s instructions for using this (pramoxine rectal foam). Read and follow all instructions and pay attention to all directions.
- Do not take it by mouth. Use just on your skin. Keep mouth, nose, ears, and eyes closed (may burn).
- How long does Haldol take to take effect?
- Before using, clean the afflicted area and dry thoroughly.
- Do not use fingers or any other sort of applicator to apply to the rectum. Do exactly per doctor’s instructions.
- Before using, shake thoroughly.
Proctofoam vs Preparation H
- Proctofoam’s main ingredient is pramoxine, belonging to a drug class known as local anesthetics. It works by temporarily numbing the area to relieve mild pain, itching, swelling, and discomfort.
- Preparation H includes phenylephrine, belonging to the sympathomimetic amines class of medicines. It works by constricting the blood vessels in the region for a short period of time.
- Both drugs are used to treat discomfort caused by hemorrhoids and other problems of the anal area, such as minor pain, itching, and swelling.
- Inform all your medical professionals that you are taking this medication, including your physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and dentist.
- Don’t use it for longer than prescribed.
- Ingestion may cause injury. If you swallow this medication, contact your doctor immediately.
- Use caution while using this product near an open flame or while smoking. It has the potential to burst.
Proctofoam Side Effects
- Irritation, dryness, redness, swelling, burning, stinging, or pain at the affected area
Some serious but uncommon side effects are
- Bleeding, hives, skin rash, difficulty breathing or swallowing.
- Immediately consult your doctor if you have experienced any of the above.
- Topical skin treatments (for skin irritation) should not be used for itching in the vaginal, genital, or rectal areas.
- Do not use on large regions of skin, open wounds, injured, or blistered skin.
- It should not be used for a lengthy period of time.
- Use caution when treating deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or severe burns.
- Don’t use fingers or any mechanical instrument to introduce medicine preparation into the rectum. No component of the aerosol canister should be inserted into the rectum.
Frequently Asked Questions
-Does Proctofoam shrink hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids and other issues of the anal area are treated with this drug to relieve mild pain, itching, swelling, and discomfort. This drug numbs the region momentarily. Further medical intervention may be required for serious cases of hemorrhoids like persistent bleeding or severe pain.
-How long does it take for Proctofoam to work?
Studies showed that this drug starts working as fast as two minutes, and its effectiveness could last up to eight hours.
–How much is the price of this medication?
You may check the pricing of this product by clicking here.