Xenical is a prescription weight-loss medication useful for the long-term treatment of major obesity. It will also improve risk factors of obesity, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high blood sugar.
Xenical starts working within 2 weeks and continues for 6 to 12 months. Progress in risk factors (such as reduction in high blood pressure, normalising blood sugar levels and lowering cholesterol levels) is usually noticed within one month of starting therapy and should be maintained during the course of treatment.
What you should know before using Xenical
If you have had an allergic reaction to any ingredients you should not take Xenical. Also you should not use this medicine if you have gallbladder disease, or a disorder that keeps you from absorbing or digesting food.
You should not take Xenical if you have any of the conditions listed below
- A chronic malabsorption syndrome,
- Gallbladder problems
Before taking Xenical, talk to your doctor if you
- Have a history of kidney stones,
- Have diabetes,
- Have anorexia or bulimia,
- Take any other weight-loss medicine, or
- Take cyclosporine.
How is Xenical taken?
- Take as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Each time your meal should include no more than 30% of calories from fat. Consistently divide your daily eating of fat, carbohydrates, and protein over three main meals a day. Talk to your doctor about following a healthy eating plan.
- It should be taken with each meal that includes fat. Xenical can be taken one hour after your meal.
- Take your dose with one glass of water.
What happen if I miss a dose?
- Nothing wrong with your health if you miss a dose. You should take your dose within one hour your meal, in case it’s more than one hour since your last meal, skip your dose and take the next one. Do not double up on your dose.
- If you miss a meal, or if you have a meal without fat, you can skip your dose of Xenical
Does Xenical have any side effects?
Possible side effects include:
- Oily spotting,
- Gas with discharge,
- An urgent need to go to the bathroom,
- Oily or fatty stools,
- An increased number of bowel movements,
- Urgent or increased need to open the bowels
- Flatulence (wind) with discharge
These symptoms generally go away after a short period of time and are particularly experienced after meals containing high levels of fat. Normally, these symptoms disappear if you continue treatment and keep to your recommended diet. If you are concerned about these you should inform your doctor or pharmacist about it.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC L65), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/ – a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by PharmacyChecker.com. For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/- a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 2002.