Nytol is commonly prescribed to relieve occasional sleeplessness and reduce difficulty falling asleep. It is an antihistamine that works by depressing the central nervous system to produce drowsiness. You can find prices for this drug at Canada online pharmacy.
7 Ways to Help You Sleep Better
- Bath – Take a warm bath just before bed to help you relax. Try lighting some candles, playing soft music, and adding some essential oils (lavender or jasmine) to the water. This will help relax you, which should help you fall asleep.
- Schedule – If you’re used to getting up at a certain time during the week then do the same on the weekends. Also try going to bed the same time every night.
- Exercise – Your body needs a reason to be tired. Adding a little bit of exercise to your daily routine will get your heart pumping. But be sure to get it in at least 3 hours before you go to bed.
- Destress – Many people lay awake at night stressing about one thing or another. Try writing your thoughts down on paper before bedtime. Writing your thoughts down gets them off your chest and out of your head.
- Avoid Eating – Eating foods late at night, especially ones loaded with sugar, will raise your blood sugar keeping you from having a good night’s rest.
- Avoid Caffeine – This is a no-brainer. Do not consume any caffeine products (tea, coffee, soda, energy drinks) at night. Caffeine is made to keep you awake and alert – you don’t need this when you want to sleep.
- OTC Sleep Aids – Occasionally taking a sleeping pill, like Nytol, will aid in having a peaceful night’s rest. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about a safe, reliable option.
Important Information about Nytol
Nytol may cause drowsiness or dizziness which can increase if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or perform other unsafe tasks until you are sure how you react to it.
To prevent drowsiness or dizziness try sitting or standing up slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down immediately if you feel any of these effects coming on.
Avoid becoming overheated in hot weather or while you are exercising; heatstroke may occur. You may be prone to sunburn while taking Nytol. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you are sure how you react to it.
Who Should Not Use Nytol?
- Nytol can not be used in children under the age of 12 years old. Consult with your doctor or pharmacist before administering this drug to your children.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, discuss the benefits and risks of Nytol with your doctor or pharmacist. Do not use Nytol if you are nursing as it is found in breast milk and may harm your baby.
- Do not use Nytol if you:
- are allergic to any ingredient or other similar medicines;
- are taking sodium oxybate (GHB);
- are taking or have taken a monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitor (eg, phenelzine) in the past 2 weeks.
- Nytol should be used with caution in the elderly as they may be more sensitive to its effects.
What To Tell Your Doctor
Discuss with your doctor: if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding; if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicines, herbal products, or dietary supplements; if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances; if you have asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung disease, shortness of breath, or sleep apnea; if you have blockage of the stomach, intestine, or urinary tract; difficulty urinating; diabetes; ulcers; enlargement of the prostate; glaucoma; heart disease; high blood pressure; porphyria; or thyroid disease.
Nytol Side Effects
Common side effects that require a discussion with your doctor if they persist or worsen, include:
- Dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth, throat, and nose; thickening of mucus in nose or throat.
Severe side effects that require immediate medical attention, include:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); convulsions; decreased alertness; excitability; fast heartbeat; hallucinations; tightness or pounding in the chest; tremor; wheezing.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Nytol, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by PharmacyChecker.com. For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/- a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 2002.