Daypro (Oxaprozin) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It is used to reduce pain, swelling, and joint stiffness from arthritis. It may be used for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
This medicine can cause serious and sometimes fatal gastro-intestinal toxicity such as peptic ulceration, perforation and gastro-intestinal bleeding. Because it has been associated with liver problems, people with liver disease should use Daypro only under medical supervision.
Before using Daypro medicine tells your doctor if you have/are:
- asthma, especially aspirin sensitive asthma
- taking any prescription or non prescription medication, herbal preparation, or dietary supplements
- coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery within the past 2 weeks
- drink more than 3 alcohol-containing drinks a day
- heart disease or circulation problems like heart failure or leg edema (fluid retention)
- high blood pressure
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- stomach bleeding or ulcers
- an unusual or allergic reaction to Daypro
- in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How do I use Daypro?
Follow the directions your doctor instructed and check the label on the medicine for dosing instructions. Daypro can be taken by mouth with a full glass of water. If it upsets your stomach, you may take Daypro with food. If upset stomach persists, contact your doctor. Do not take more than 1 dose. When you have missed a dose, take it as soon as possible. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- bleeding, severe allergic reaction
- yellowing of the skin or eyes, nausea
- indigestion, rash, sensitivity to sunlight
- constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain, loss of appetite
- gas, vomiting, depression, drowsiness, sleep disturbance
- ringing in the ears, frequent or difficult urination
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by PharmacyChecker.com.
For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 2002.