Potassium is important for the normal functioning of the heart, muscles, and nerves. A balanced diet usually supplies all the potassium a person needs. Potassium supplements, like Klor-Con, may be needed by patients who do not have enough potassium in their regular diet.
Before using this medicine, tell your healthcare provider about any of the following: if you are pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant, or are breastfeeding; if you are taking or planning to take any prescription or nonprescription medicine; if you have any other medical conditions; if you have high blood pressure.
- Contact your doctor if you need to change your diet.
- Do not use salt substitutes, eat low-sodium foods, especially some bread and canned foods, or drink low-sodium milk.
- Contact your doctor at once if you notice blackish stools or other signs of stomach or intestinal bleeding.
- Discuss with your doctor before starting any physical exercise as it may increase the amount of potassium in the blood.
- Too much or too little potassium in the body can cause serious problems.
Tell your doctor before you take this medicine if you
- have kidney disease;
- have an irregular heartbeat;
- have dehydration;
- have diarrhea;
- have stomach ulcers or other stomach problems;
- have an unusual or allergic reaction to potassium salts, tartrazine, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Klor-Con Side Effects
- dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- irregular heartbeat
- muscle weakness
- black, tarry stools
- blood in the stools
- numbness or tingling in hands or feet
- severe vomiting, nausea, stomach pain or bloating
- unusual tiredness
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Klor-Con, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies .
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.