Nix Cream Rinse (permethrin) is used for the treatment of head lice. It works by attacking both the nervous system of lice and interfering with the development of the eggs they produce.
Before using this medicine, tell your healthcare provider about any of the following: if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding; if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine; if you have any other medical conditions, allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances.
- Nix Cream Rinse is for external use only.
- Avoid contact with nose, mouth, or genitals.
- Nix Cream Rinse should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 2 months old.
- To prevent reinfection, wash all clothing, hats, bed clothes, bed linens, hair brushes, and combs with a strong cleanser in hot water to remove any mites or eggs.
- Do not apply to open cuts or wounds
How to use Nix Cream Rinse
For the treatment of head lice:
- Shampoo the hair and scalp using regular shampoo.
- Thoroughly rinse and towel dry the hair and scalp.
- Allow hair to air dry for a few minutes.
- Shake Nix well before applying.
- Thoroughly wet the hair and scalp Nix. Be sure to cover the areas behind the ears and on the back of the neck also. Allow the lotion to remain in place for 10 minutes.
- Then, rinse the hair and scalp thoroughly and dry with a clean towel.
- When the hair is dry, you may want to comb the hair with a fine-toothed comb to remove any remaining nits (eggs) or nit shells.
Nix side effects
Common: Mild burning and stinging; itching; skin flushing; numbness; tingling; rash.
Severe: Burning, stinging, erythema, numbness, tingling and rash.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Nix, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies .
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.