Aclovate Cream Uses
This cream, with the generic name alclometasone, is a topical steroid cream. It is used in skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and other allergic reactions that cause itching, inflammation, scaling, and redness.
This drug is available in Aclovate Cream 0.05%.
How does Aclovate work?
When there is an infection or injury in the body, the inflammatory process starts as a normal response. The immune system sends a group of army cells to the affected site to confine the inflammation and begin the healing process.
However, when this cream is applied to the affected area and absorbed into the bloodstream, it mimics the steroid hormones produced by the adrenal glands. Also, it blocks the immune system response to reduce inflammation and swelling.
Aclovate cream application will not impede the healing process; instead, it will relieve irritation, swelling, and redness.
How to use Aclovate Cream?
To begin, thoroughly read all medication instructions and information. Use the medication precisely as instructed. If you have any queries or are unsure how to administer this topical cream, consult your primary care physician or pharmacist.
Before applying this topical treatment, carefully wash your hands and clean and dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of this topical steroid to the affected site. Gently massage it in until the cream disappears, two or three times per day as directed.
This cream is solely for external usage and should not be taken orally or applied to the eyes, underarms, or groin. Also, do not use this cream if your child has a diaper rash. Inform your doctor if your condition does not get better or worsens after two weeks of application.
Aclovate Cream Side Effects
The following are common Aclovate side effects that may resolve with time without medical intervention:
- Itching, burning, or stinging sensation in the treated area
- Skin dryness
- Rash or skin discoloration/redness
- Hair follicle inflammation
- Pimples or acne
Nevertheless, if any of these side effects worsen over time or if you experience any of the following adverse reactions, contact your doctor immediately:
- Breathing difficulties
- Facial, lip, tongue, or throat swelling
- Blurring of vision
- Seeing halo around lights
- Irregular heartbeats
- Sleep issues
Bear in mind that this is not a comprehensive list of the potential health concerns linked with this cream. Other side effects can arise.
Precautions when using Aclovate Cream
- Before beginning this therapy, disclose your medical history to your doctor, especially if you have a fungal, bacterial, or viral skin infection.
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to alclometasone or other components. You should seek medical attention as soon as these signs and symptoms manifest, such as rashes, hives, swelling of the face and lips, throat tightness, or difficulty breathing when using this drug.
- Although there is minimal drug interaction, you should still inform your doctor about your medications and vitamins.
- Use this medication exactly as instructed because applying it for a longer duration and larger quantity can decrease the amount of some hormones that are essential for normal body functioning.
- Use caution while applying this medication to the diaper area. Covering the affected area with a tight-fitting diaper, bandage, or dressing may increase the amount of drug that passes through the skin, increasing the chance of experiencing adverse effects.
- Keep this item out of the reach of children and store it carefully.
How much does Aclovate Cream cost?
Check the top of this page to see our prices on this Alclometasone Cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it not a good idea to apply Aclovate cream to your groin or armpits?
The skin in this location is substantially thinner than in other parts of the body. If you use this cream in the said regions, too much medicine will be absorbed, and you may experience more negative effects.
Is Aclovate cream over the counter medication?
You need to obtain a prescription from your physician when buying Aclovate cream.
Is Aclovate cream safe to use on a long-term basis?
Long-term use of this cream can interfere with hormones crucial for normal bodily functioning. This medicine should not be used for an extended period unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor.
Is Aclovate cream safe to use during pregnancy?
Steroids that are low to medium in strength are the prescribed medicine for pregnant women, and this cream belongs to this group. However, before using this cream, you should first contact your doctor.
What should I do if Aclovate cream gets into my eyes?
To remove the contents of this drug, thoroughly rinse it with water.