This medicine is a medication that combines two pharmaceuticals (fluticasone and salmeterol) to treat the symptoms of Asthma and COPD (COPD). This medication helps people breathe better. Fluticasone is an inhaled corticosteroid that relieves asthma symptoms by reducing lung inflammation. A long-acting beta2-agonist (LABA) salmeterol is used to treat asthma and COPD.
Advair HFA vs Advair Diskus
- Advair HFA and Advair Diskus provide different ways to distribute the same combination of drugs for the treatment of severe asthma and COPD. This medication is an aerosol inhaler containing propellant which aids the medication reaches the lungs. Advair Diskus, on the other hand, comes out as a powder.
- The two contain a combination of a steroid (fluticasone) which lessens inflammation in the lungs and a bronchodilator (salmeterol) which relaxes the airways.
Advair HFA Doses
- 2 oral inhalations, about 12 hours apart, twice a day for adults and adolescents aged 12 and above.
- The maximum suggested dose is two Advair HFA 250/25 mcg inhalations twice daily (equivalent to 230
- Before each spray, shake the inhaler for at least 5 seconds.
- Allowing a small child to consume this drug without the assistance of an adult is not recommended.
- Read any instructions for use that come with your medication very carefully. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about these instructions.
- Rinse your mouth with water without swallowing after using your inhaler.
- Your dosage requirements may alter as a result of surgery, sickness, stress, or a recent asthma attack. Change your prescription dose or schedule only with your doctor’s approval.
Advair HFA Side Effects
Like most drugs, it can produce negative effects. Consult your doctor if any of the following common adverse effects persist:
- The ache in the muscles or bones
- Vomiting and/or nausea
- Irritation and/or swelling of the throat
- This medication is not a life-saving medication. It will not treat asthma or bronchospasm episodes quickly enough.
- Seek medical treatment if your breathing difficulties are getting worse or if you believe your meds aren’t functioning as effectively as they should.
Frequently Asked Questions
-Does Advair HFA 125/25 mcg contain steroids?
Yes, Advair HFA 125/25 mcg, equivalent to 115/21 mcg, contains a steroid called fluticasone propionate as well as another medication called salmeterol.
-What is Advair HFA 50/25 mcg used for?
Advair HFA 50/25 mcg, equivalent to 45/21 mcg, is a mixture of Fluticasone and Salmeterol, two asthma medications that assist to manage symptoms and improve breathing. When a patient’s asthma has not been well managed with other medications, or when the disease is so severe that more than one medication is necessary daily, this is utilized. This is also used to treat airflow obstruction and to prevent chronic bronchitis and emphysema from deteriorating.
Contact us in writing if you have questions regarding medication or basic inquiries about CanDrugstore.com, Or if you need to speak to a live representative, you can call our toll-free number at 1-866-444-6376. We are open Monday to Friday, 6:00 am to 8:00 pm (PST), and Saturday to Sunday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (PST). candrugstore.com is accredited by the Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA). CanDrugstore.com is a Reliable & Affordable International and Canadian Pharmacy Online.