Aldara (imiquimod) is a drug prescribed to treat certain kinds of precancerous growths (actinic keratoses) on the skin, face, or scalp caused by too much sun exposure. This is also used to treat superficial basal cell carcinoma, a kind of skin cancer for which surgery is not a viable therapy, and as a treatment for warts on the outside of the genitals or anus. Aldara cream for genital warts treatment is considered very safe and effective for use in both men and women.
Candrugstore.com offers competitive pricing on Aldara Cream so you can buy Aldara Cream here at a very reasonable price.
- When you use too much of this drug or for too long, you run the risk of developing serious skin reactions.
- Wash your hands and the skin region to be treated before applying Aldara. Allow at least 10 minutes for the skin to dry before administering the drug. After administering the drug, wash your hands again. This should not be used on skin that is damaged, injured, or burnt. Before taking this medication, wait until these problems have been cured.
Aldara side effects that are not as significant include:
- Itching, flaking, scabbing, crusting, redness, or hardness of the skin where the drug was administered
- Alterations in the color of the skin that has been treated;
- Headache, dizziness, chest discomfort, and back pain are among the symptoms of menopause.
- Fever blisters, cold sores
- Symptoms of a cold include a stuffy nose, sneezing, and a sore throat.
- Sickness, diarrhea, and appetite loss; or
- Itching or discharge from the vaginal area.
- Excessive use of this drug, or use for an extended period of time, might result in serious skin responses. Pay attention to your doctor’s directions.
- This product should not be used on skin that is damaged, injured, or burnt (including sunburn).
- If you have a weakened immune system, an autoimmune problem, graft-versus-host disease, or have recently undergone bone marrow or cord blood transplant, see your doctor before using this.
- Avoid putting the cream on the more sensitive inner layers of vaginal tissue while treating genital warts around the vagina. This may cause vaginal edema or discomfort, as well as uncomfortable urination. You should avoid tanning beds and exposure to the sun.
Frequently Asked Questions
-What is Aldara Cream for?
Adults with actinic keratosis (AK) on the face or balding scalp are treated with Aldara Cream or generic Imiquimod, an immune response modifier medication that appears as a rough patch of skin. AK lesions are most commonly caused by excessive sun exposure and, if left untreated, can develop malignantly.
-Is Aldara Cream over-the-counter medication?
No, this is not an over-the-counter medication, thus, its purchase requires a prescription.
-When does Aldara begin to work?
For warts treatment, studies showed that in half of the female users, warts were cleared in 8 weeks and 12 weeks in males.