Betaderm Cream Uses
Betaderm Cream is a topical corticosteroid with the generic name beclomethasone valerate. It is a highly potent drug used for relieving skin problems such as redness, itchiness, and swelling caused by eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
This medication is safe to use for individuals aged 12 and above.
Betaderm Cream Mechanism of Action
When there is a threat or injury in the body, the inflammatory process starts as a normal response. The immune system sends a group of inflammatory cells to the affected site to confine the inflammation. This bodily response results in swelling, itching, and inflammation by dilation of the blood vessels (arteries, veins, and capillaries).
This cream imitates the steroid hormones produced by the adrenal glands when applied to the afflicted area and absorbed into the bloodstream. It also inhibits the immune system’s usual reaction and constricts blood vessels to minimize inflammation and swelling.
How to use Betaderm Cream?
Be sure to read all medication instructions and information in the leaflet. Use the medication precisely as instructed. If you have any queries or are unsure how to administer this topical cream, consult your primary care physician or pharmacist.
Wash your hands well before administering this topical treatment. The affected area should be cleaned and patted dry. Apply a pea-sized amount or a little dose of this topical treatment to the afflicted site. Spread it evenly and gently massage it once or twice a day or as directed by your doctor.
After applying the cream, wash your hands thoroughly. Remember that beclomethasone valentine cream is only for topical application to the skin. It should not be taken orally or applied to the eyes, face, underarm, or groin. Do not cover the treated area as much as possible unless instructed by your doctor.
The dosing and frequency of this medication depend on your age, condition, and evaluation of your healthcare provider. This drug is available in the form of Betaderm cream 0.10%.
Do not overuse this drug as it will not help your condition faster. Notify your healthcare provider if your skin condition does not improve or worsen after two weeks of using this cream.
Betaderm Cream Side Effects
The following are common side effects of this drug that may disappear with time as your body adjusts to this cream:
- Itching, burning, or stinging sensation in the treated area
- Skin dryness
- Skin discoloration/redness
- Skin irritation
- Skin rash
There are only a few cases where these effects worsen. Contact your doctor right away if you suffer any of the following side effects:
- Stretch marks
- Skin thinning with blood vessels visible
- Skin infection
- Unusual skin growth
- Blockage and inflammation of the hair follicle
- Increased skin sensitivity with easy bruising
- Slow wound healing
- Eye problems: a blurring of vision, seeing halos around light, eye pain
Keep in mind that this is not a complete list of the potential health implications related to Betaderm cream usage, and this is for informational purposes only.
- Before beginning this medication, tell your doctor about your medical history, especially if you have eye problems, liver disease, or any form of skin infection. Doing so can help to keep your condition from worsening.
- Do not use it if you are allergic to beclomethasone valerate or other components. When using this medication, you should get medical treatment as soon as you notice any of the following signs and symptoms: rashes, hives, swelling of the face and lips, throat tightness, or difficulty breathing.
- Do not stop using this topical treatment abruptly, as this may result in a relapse of your skin disease.
- Consume foods high in probiotics and quercetin to strengthen your immune system against allergies.
- Use this medication exactly as directed because using it for a longer duration and in larger quantities increases your risk of experiencing unwanted side effects.
- Use caution while applying this medication to areas near the eyes. This medication can cause glaucoma or cataract if it comes in contact with your eyes. Notify your doctor immediately if you suffer blurred vision while using this cream.
- Keep this item out of children’s reach and store it safely away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
How much does Betaderm Cream cost?
The Betaderm Cream price is relatively inexpensive. You can buy this product on this online platform with a hassle-free experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should you avoid applying Betaderm cream to your eyes, face, groin, or armpits?
Betaderm cream is not advisable in the eyes because it can cause glaucoma or cataracts. The skin of the face, groin, and armpits is significantly thinner than on the rest of the body. If you use this cream in the said areas, too much medicine will be absorbed, and you may have additional unpleasant side effects.
Is it okay to use Betaderm cream for acne?
Betaderm is indicated for individuals suffering from eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis, not for treating acne.
Is it okay to use Betaderm cream in conjunction with other topical medications?
Do not use Betaderm cream with other topical products such as cosmetics, lotions, or other creams to prevent drug interactions.
Can I use Betaderm cream in an open wound?
Do not use Betaderm cream if you have scratches, lacerations, or burns. Doing so can increase the absorption of the medication in the skin, which can cause you to experience more unwanted effects of the medicine.