Flovent Diskus is a steroid that helps adults and children avoid asthma episodes. It’s not uncommon for this drug to be used in conjunction with a steroid pill.
What is Flovent Diskus used for?
- This is a medication that is used to treat asthma symptoms.
- This can help avoid asthma attacks, but it won’t help you stop one that has already started.
Flovent Diskus Cost
Check out the discounted price of Flovent Diskus from the upper part of this page.
Flovent Diskus Dosing:
Patients in their twenties and thirties (adults and adolescents)
- Flovent Diskus 100 mcg twice a day, roughly 12 hours apart, is the suggested beginning dosage for individuals aged 12 and older who are not taking an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS).
Patients between the ages of 4 and 11 years old
- 50 mcg twice daily, spaced 12 hours apart, is the suggested beginning dose. Other individuals, particularly those who do not react well to the beginning dose after two weeks of treatment, may benefit from increasing the dosage to 100 mcg twice a day.
- For kids aged 4 to 11, the highest recommended dose is 100 mcg twice a day.
- If you suddenly stop using this medication, your asthma may develop worse.
- If you want to discontinue using steroid treatment, you should do it gradually. Pay attention to your doctor’s directions.
- Wear or carry medical identification in case of emergency to alert people that you may require an oral steroid.
- Your doctor will need to check on you to see how you’re doing, as your vision may need to be examined frequently.
The following are some of the drug’s possible negative effects:
- A throbbing headache
- Inflammation of the throat
- A stuffy nose
- Symptoms of the flu
- This is not an asthma attack rescue medication. If your breathing issues worsen fast or you suspect your asthma meds aren’t functioning as effectively as they should, see a doctor.
- If you are allergic to milk proteins, you should not use this inhalation powder.
- If you’re pregnant, attempting to conceive, or breastfeeding, find out if Flovent Diskus is safe to use.
- Because Flovent Diskus inhibits your immune system to help battle inflammation, you should not begin using it until you have informed your doctor of any bacterial, fungal, viral, or parasite illnesses you may have.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take this medication?
This prescription is a long-acting asthma treatment for individuals with asthma who are four years of age or older and whose symptoms are not effectively managed with a rescue inhaler. Consult your doctor to see whether this is a good option for you.
How does Flovent Diskus work to help prevent asthma symptoms?
This reduces inflammation in the lungs’ airways, which helps to avoid asthma symptoms. Your outcomes may differ.