Inderal (propranolol) is a beta-blocker prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, and other conditions. Tremors, angina (chest discomfort), cardiac rhythm problems, and other heart or circulation issues are also treated with Inderal medication. It also lowers the severity and frequency of migraine headaches and treats or prevents heart attacks.
- When taken alone or combined with a diuretic, the usual starting dose is 40 mg twice a day.
Fibrillation of the Atria
- Three or four times a day, before meals and before night, a dosage of Inderal 10 mg to 30 mg is indicated.
Infarction of the Heart
- The starting dosage in the Beta-Blocker Heart Attack Trial (BHAT) was 40 mg t.i.d., with escalation to 60 mg to 80 mg t.i.d. as tolerated after a month.
- This is given in divided doses of 80 mg per day as an initial dose.
- This should be taken twice a day at a dose of 40 mg.
Hypertrophic subaortic Stenosis
- Inderal is usually taken three or four times a day, before meals and before night, in doses ranging from 20 to 40 mg.
- The average daily dose is 60 mg.
- Adults can take this with or without meals, but they should always take it at the same time every day.
- Children’s doses are determined by their weight. If your kid grows or loses weight, the dosage may alter.
- You’ll need to have your blood pressure and heart rate tested regularly.
- Tell your doctor if you’re planning to get surgery.
- If you quit using it quickly, your illness may worsen. Consult your doctor before discontinuing your medicine.
Inderal Side Effects
Some of the most common Inderal side effects are:
- Fatigue, dizziness;
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, and cramping in the stomach;
- Insomnia (sleepiness) or
- Cough, sore throat, hoarse voice, or a runny or stuffy nose.
- If you have asthma, sluggish heartbeat, or a significant cardiac problem like “sick sinus syndrome” or “AV block,” you should not use this (unless you have a pacemaker).
- In diabetic individuals, propranolol may be used to conceal the symptoms of hypoglycemia. You should inform your doctor if your blood sugar levels have changed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Inderal for Anxiety typically prescribed?
Yes, because it stops norepinephrine from binding to beta receptors, it is particularly beneficial for persons with a social anxiety disorder (SAD). This reduces anxiety feelings connected to the flight or fight’s reaction from occurring (such as increased heart rate, sweating, hyperventilation, increased blood pressure, and tremor).
2. When is the best time to Inderal?
This is recommended to be taken at night—around 10 pm. This may be taken daily with food or on an empty stomach.
3. How much is the price of this medication?
You may check the pricing of this product by clicking here.