Prinivil Product Description
This medication is a blood pressure drug used to treat hypertension in adults and children over the age of six. This medication is also used to treat adult congestive heart failure and to improve post-heart-attack survival.
Prinivil (Lisinopril) is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, which is a type of medication that works by relaxing blood arteries, allowing blood to flow more freely.
- As prescribed by your doctor, take this medicine by mouth, with or without a meal, once a day.
- If you’re taking this medication as a suspension, shake the bottle thoroughly before each dosage. Use a proper measuring device/spoon to carefully measure the dosage.
- To lessen the risk of side effects, your physician may recommend starting with a low dose and gradually increasing it. Pay strict consideration to your physician’s advice.
- Take this medication on a regular basis to obtain the greatest benefit from it. Take it at the same time every day to help you remember. Continue to take this drug even if you feel OK. The majority of people who have high blood pressure have no symptoms.
Prinivil Side Effects
The following are some of the most common adverse effects:
- Coughing; or
- Chest ache
This is not an entire list of possible negative effects; more may emerge.
- This medication should not be used if you are pregnant. It has the potential to be damaging to the unborn kid. If you become pregnant while using this drug, stop taking it and tell your doctor right once.
- If you have ever experienced angioedema, you should not use this medication. Do not use this medication within 36 hours of taking a sacubitril-containing medication (such as Entresto).
- Avoid using lisinopril with any medicine that contains aliskiren if you have diabetes (such as Tekturna or Tekamlo).
- If you have renal problems, you should avoid using this medication with aliskiren.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is this Medication?
Prinivil (Lisinopril) is a common medication used to lower blood pressure and aids in the prevention of strokes, heart attacks, and renal disorders.
What is Prinivil Generic Name?
Lisinopril is the generic name for this drug.
What is Prinivil 10 mg?
Prinivil 10 mg is typically the starting dosage for hypertension. This is taken orally by mouth once a day.
This medication is available in oral tablet doses of 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 20mg, and 40mg.