Feldene and Feldene generic equivalent Piroxicam are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) used to treat pain, swelling, and inflammation associated with rheumatoid and osteoarthritis when other treatments have failed. Out of the 100 or so forms of arthritis, these two are the most prevalent for which individuals are treated.
- Feldene medication is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory used to treat osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis pain and inflammation.
Proper use of Feldene
- Because NSAIDs can occasionally cause significant adverse effects in the gut, including ulcers, bleeding, or perforation of the stomach or intestinal lining, you should not use this for longer than suggested. For maintenance, your doctor may prescribe a low dose and then increase it when your arthritis flares up.
Feldene 20 mg taken once a day orally is the typical dose for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis treatment. The daily dose can be split if desired. Because of the medication’s extended half-life, steady-state blood levels take 7 to 12 days to attain. As a result, while the therapeutic benefits of this medicine are visible early in treatment, there is a gradual rise in response over several weeks, and the impact of therapy should not be monitored for at least two weeks.
- Follow your prescription instructions and read all drug recommendations. From time to time, your doctor may adjust your dose. To treat your illness, take the smallest effective dose.
- Your symptoms may take up to two weeks to improve. If your symptoms do not improve after taking the drug as advised, contact your doctor.
- You may require frequent medical testing if this medication is used for a long time.
- At room temperature, store away from moisture and heat.
Feldene Side Effects
Some of the most prevalent unfavorable consequences are as follows:
- Liver function tests that are abnormal;
- Urination issues;
- Stomach ache, heartburn, appetite loss, stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting;
- Constipation, diarrhea, and gas
- Itchiness, rash;
- Your ears are ringing.
- This can raise your chances of dying from a heart attack or stroke. Feldene should not be used before or after heart bypass surgery. This medication has the potential to induce deadly stomach or intestinal hemorrhage.
- Tell your doctor about any other health issues you’re dealing with, as well as any current medications you’re taking. Supplements and herbal medicines should be included since they might impact how this medication functions or generate unforeseen adverse effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
-How long does this drug take to work?
It may take up to two weeks before you notice the full effect of this drug and improvement in symptoms. Continue using this medication as prescribed and tell your doctor if no improvement in symptoms is experienced.
-Can Feldene be taken with paracetamol?
There were no interactions seen between this drug and paracetamol but it does not necessarily mean