Sodium chloride ophthalmic is indicated for the alleviation of corneal swelling in specific ocular conditions. By reducing the corneal edema, it may mitigate ocular discomfort or irritation resulting from the swelling. This product operates by facilitating the removal of fluid from the cornea, thus reducing the swelling.
Uses and Dosage
Apply this product to the eye as directed. If you are using the nonprescription product, read all directions on the product package before using this medication. If your doctor has prescribed this medication, use as directed by your doctor.
If you are wearing contact lenses, remove them before using eye ointments. Wait at least 15 minutes before replacing your contact lenses.
To administer the eye drops:
- The bottle is intentionally filled only partially to ensure proper drop control.
- Before use, wash your hands thoroughly.
- Next, tilt your head back and gently pull down the lower eyelid to create a small pocket. Place the prescribed amount of drops into this pocket and softly close your eyes. Avoid blinking and keep your eyes closed for 1 to 2 minutes to allow for proper absorption of the medication.
- If you suspect that the drop was not administered correctly, utilize another drop as directed.
- Immediately wash your hands after using the eye drops to remove any medication residue.
- To preserve the sterility of the medication, refrain from touching the applicator tip to any surface, including your eye. Ensure that the container is tightly sealed at all times to avoid contamination, as serious eye damage and potential vision loss can occur from utilizing contaminated eye drops.
To apply the eye ointment:
- Hold the tip of the tube close to your eye with one hand, while avoiding contact with the tip to your eye or fingers.
- Gently squeeze a small amount of ointment, approximately 1/4 inch, into the pocket between your lower eyelid and eyeball.
- Close your eyes and keep them shut for 1 to 2 minutes.
- After use, wipe the tip of the tube with a clean tissue and seal the tube securely. Store the tube tightly closed when not in use to maintain the integrity of the medication.
Some side effects may occur that usually do not need medical attention:
- temporary burning sensation in the eye
- temporary eye irritation
Inform your healthcare provider immediately if you experience any serious side effects:
- changes or loss in vision
- red eyes
Prior to using sodium chloride eye ointment, inform your doctor or pharmacist of any allergies you may have, including any allergic reactions to this particular medication or other substances. This product may contain inactive components that could potentially cause allergic reactions or other complications.
Before utilizing this product, disclose your medical history to your doctor or pharmacist, particularly any previous eye issues.
Following application of this ointment, temporary blurred vision may occur. As a precaution, refrain from driving, operating machinery, or engaging in any activity that requires clear vision until your vision has returned to normal.
Sodium chloride eye ointment is considered safe to use during pregnancy.
The potential for this medication to pass into breast milk is unknown. Before breastfeeding, consult with your doctor.
Form and Strength
Muro 128 Ointment is available in the following forms and strengths:
Muro 128 Ointment eye ointment:
Can you use Muro 128 long-term?
This medicine is not for long-term use.
Can you use too much Muro 128 ointment?
An overdose of Muro 128 is not expected to be dangerous.