Almost everyone has heard of the expression, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” However, if you are anything like me, you must have wondered why an apple keeps the doctor away. Well I intend to give you a few reasons why an apple a day won’t just keep one doctor away, but many.
1. Prevents many types of cancer. Apples help prevent cancer of the lung, breast, colon, and liver. A study of 10,000 people showed that those who ate the most apples cut their risk of lung cancer in half. Cornell University conducted a study using rats. Those that ate 1 apple a day reduced the risk of breast cancer by 17%, while those that had 3 reduced their risk by 39%, and those that ate 6 apples per day further cut their risk of breast cancer by 44%. A study showed that rats that were fed an extract from apples skins had a 43% lower risk of colon cancer, the second leading cause of death from cancer. Additionally, the rats that were fed extract from apple skins had a 57% lower risk of liver cancer.
2. Bone Protection. Researchers from France discovered that phloridzin, a flavanoid found only in apples may protect post-menopausal women from osteoporosis and may increase bone density. Boron, also found in apples helps strengthen bones as well.
3. Helps manage diabetes. Pectin, which is found in apples, gives galacturonic acid to the body. This lowers the body’s need for insulin and in turn, this may be able to aid in the management of diabetes.
4. Helps protect against Alzheimer’s. A study conducted on rats at Cornell University found that a potent antioxidant found abundantly in apples appears to protect the brain cells against oxidative stress. This oxidative stress is a tissue-damaging process that is linked to Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative disorders.
5. Lowers cholesterol. The pectin found in apples lowers LDL, or the “bad” cholesterol. Eating two apples a day may actually lower cholesterol by 16%! Additionally, apples may reduce skin disease.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online. For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 2002.
Read more: “CanDrugStore” – http://www.candrugstore.com/blog/#ixzz0EaSkHrOA&A;