Florinef is a corticosteriod used to help the kidneys retain sodium. It works by acting as a replacement for cortisone when the body does not produce enough. It also treats adrenocortical insufficiency due to Addison’s disease and excessive salt loss.
Important information about Florinef
Prolonged use of Florinef may produce posterior subcapsular cataracts, glaucoma with probable damage to the optic nerves, and may develop the establishment of secondary ocular infections due to fungi or viruses.
It may affect blood sugar levels in diabetic patients, therefore blood sugar levels should be monitored closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
Carefully monitor salt intake in order to avoid developing high blood pressure, swelling, or weight gain.
This medication can exacerbate hypertension and fluid overload, and patients taking this drug need close follow-up care. Florinef may also lower your body’s ability to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections. Tell your doctor if you notice signs of infection like fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Florinef, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
Not to be used if
- you are allergic to any ingredients in Florinef
- you have a systemic fungal infection
- you are scheduled for immunization or vaccination (eg, smallpox)
Tell your doctor if
- you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- have a history of an underactive thyroid, liver or kidney problems, heart problems or heart attack, bleeding problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, inflammation of the esophagus, stomach problems (ulcers), bowel blockage or other bowel problems (ulcerative colitis), recent bowel surgery, myasthenia gravis, or mental or mood problems (depression)
- you have the measles, chickenpox, herpes infection of the eye, or any other type of bacterial, fungal, parasitic, or viral infection
- you recently had tuberculosis (TB) or have had a positive skin test for TB
Florinef side effects
Common side effects – Difficulty sleeping; dizziness or lightheadedness; headache; increased appetite; increased sweating; indigestion; nervousness.
Severe side effects that require immediate medical attention – Severe allergic reactions; tarry stools; changes in menstrual periods; chest pain; eye pain, chills, or sore throat; joint or bone pain; depression; weakness; seizures; severe or persistent headache; severe or persistent nausea or vomiting; stomach pain or bloating; unusual weight gain or loss; vision changes; vomiting.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online .
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.