What is Activella?
Activella (estradiol/norethindrone acetate) is a drug combination that works as a hormone replacement therapy (HRT). It contains female hormones like estradiol, which is an estrogen, and norethindrone acetate, which is progesterone.
This pill is given to women to help relieve menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, being easily annoyed, memory loss, exhaustion, vaginal dryness, or discomfort. This hormonal drug is also used to prevent osteoporosis (bone weakening or brittleness) in women following menopause.
How does Activella work?
When women enter the menopausal stage, sometime around 45 to 55 years old, the body slowly generates estrogen and progesterone. This hormonal imbalance is addressed by this pill when absorbed into the bloodstream.
Activella works like the body’s natural hormone. It sends signals to re-balance the hormonal changes in your body, such as the growth and maintenance of the female reproductive system. It is also in charge of secondary sex characteristics, ovulation regulation, and the menstrual cycle.
As a result, this relieves symptoms associated with menopause.
Directions on how to use Activella
Read all prescription directions and information carefully. Follow the instructions on the medication accordingly. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or are uncertain how to use Activella.
To avoid forgetting your medication, take this tablet orally at the same time every day. If you miss taking a pill, take it as soon as you remember it. If your next dose is already due, do not double it; instead, skip the missed dose.
In addition, you can take this medicine with or without regard to food. However, it is advisable to take it with or after meals to reduce stomach upset.
This drug is available in two strengths: 0.5/0.1 mg and 1/0.5 mg per tablet. Do not alter your Activella dosage without consulting first with your doctor. The dosing and frequency of your medicine depend on your health condition and tolerance to therapy.
Activella Side Effects
The following are the most usual side effects of this medication that goes away over the course of time:
- Stomach problems (cramps, nausea, vomiting)
- Retention of fluid (swelling, weight gain)
- Breast, head, and back soreness
- A vaginal infection (itching or discharge)
- Changes in menstrual cycles, such as breakthrough bleeding or spotting
- Symptoms of the flu
If you encounter any of the symptoms listed, contact your doctor and seek medical attention as soon as possible:
- Pain in the chest that radiates to your jaw or shoulder
- Unexplained weakness, bone pain
- Slurred speech
- Unbearable headache
- Sudden loss of eyesight
- Trouble breathing
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding, pelvic pain
- Lump or mass or discharge from the breast
Keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list of the potential health risks associated with Activella. Other complications may occur.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history before starting this therapy, especially if you have liver, renal, cardiac, or bleeding issues. Also, if you had a heart attack, cancer, or had undergone surgical removal of ovaries and cervix.
- Do not use this drug if you are allergic to estradiol, norethindrone acetate, or other ingredients.
- When using this drug, keep an eye out for allergic reactions. Rashes, hives, swelling of the face and lips, throat tightness, or difficulty breathing should be reported to your healthcare professional as soon as possible.
- Tell your doctor about any medications and vitamins you are taking. Medicines such as macrolide antibiotics, beta-blockers, and antifungal drugs, because drug of interaction, can cause more unwanted side effects
- If you are pregnant, avoid using the estradiol/norethindrone acetate pill due to potential dangers to the unborn child.
- Use caution when using this drug if you have underlying diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, are obese or smoking. Avoid using this drug if you are bed-ridden or restricted to a sitting position for an extended period. Doing so can increase your risk of blood clots or heart attacks.
- Vaginal bleeding that is not usual should be reported to your healthcare provider because estradiol may increase your risk of having uterine cancer.
- Bear in mind that this drug should not be used to prevent heart disease like a heart attack or stroke.
- Keep this item out of the reach of children and store it carefully.
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is the price of Activella?
The Activella price is very modest; you can purchase this medicine in this online drugstore hassle-free.
Is it safe for nursing mothers to take Activella?
Activella should not be used during the lactation period. Estrogen consumption may affect and slow down the quantity and quality of breast milk supply.
Is Activella used as a form of contraception?
No, it is not used for birth control purposes. Activella is for managing symptoms during the menopausal period. Seek medical advice for a birth control method that is suitable for you.
Is it safe to take Activella for long-duration therapy?
Long-term use of this medication may increase your risk of developing breast or uterine cancer. Discuss long-term plans with your doctor.
Contact us in writing if you have questions regarding medication or basic inquiries about CanDrugstore.com, Or if you need to speak to a live representative, you can call our toll-free number at 1-866-444-6376. We are open Monday to Friday, 6:00 am to 8:00 pm (PST), and Saturday to Sunday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (PST). candrugstore.com is accredited by the Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA). CanDrugstore.com is a Reliable & Affordable International and Canadian Pharmacy Online.