Climara Patch Product Description
Climara Patch is a prescription drug in the form of a patch, that contains an estrogen called estradiol, that is applied to the skin to relieve menopausal symptoms. This menopausal skin patch gives continuing treatment by delivering modest quantities of estradiol, a synthetic hormone, into the circulation.
Climara pro vs Combipatch
- CombiPatch and Climara Pro are both transdermal patches that contain female hormone combinations that are used to treat low estrogen levels and menopausal symptoms. Climara also reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Climara (estradiol patch) is used only once weekly, while Combipatch (estradiol/norethindrone patch) is a twice-weekly patch
Climara vs Vivelle Dot
- Climara and Vivelle-Dot are estrogen hormone transdermal systems intended to treat menopausal vasomotor, vulvar, and vaginal atrophy symptoms, hypoestrogenism, and to prevent postmenopausal osteoporosis. Vivelle-Dot also reduces urine discomfort and urgency and is used to treat ovarian issues, infertility, and irregular vaginal bleeding.
- Remove the patch’s backing and place it on a clean, dry region of the lower stomach or the top of the buttocks.
- To ensure the patch stays in place, press it firmly in place for around ten (10) seconds. Do not use the patch on the breasts or on skin that is greasy, damaged, or inflamed.
- Apply the patch only to regions of the skin where it will not be readily rubbed off.
- Climara patches are typically used for one week before being changed. Climara patch dosages are determined by your medical condition and reaction to treatment.
Climara Side Effects
Although Climara patch side effects are uncommon, some users may encounter the following:
- Redness or irritation of the skin at the application place
- stomach ache
- breast sensitivity
- Weight fluctuations
If you suffer Climara patch adverse effects, you should stop using it and consult with your doctor about menopausal therapy prescription alternatives.
- Tobacco use should be avoided when using this medicated menopausal patch due to elevated health risks including stroke, high blood pressure, blood clots, and heart attack.
- This medicine may cause melasma, which appears as dark, blotchy areas on the skin and is exacerbated by sunlight exposure.
Frequently Asked Questions
-Is Climara Patch Bioidentical?
Climara patch is bioidentical estradiol, even though these hormones are created in a lab from soy or yams, the final product is something that the body regards as ‘natural’ to what you used to produce in plenty, as a result of which your estrogen levels remain stable.
-Is Climara Patch and Weight Gain possible?
Yes, one of the negative effects of taking this drug is weight gain due to fluid retention.