Xalatan Product Description:
Xalatan is an ophthalmic medicine used to treat open-angle glaucoma and other eye problems by reducing eye pressure. The front of your eyes is naturally filled with fluid that is constantly created by your body as the old fluid drains out. Problems with the drainage channels might result in the accumulation of fluid, increasing the pressure.
- Xalatan Eye Drops help relieve eye pressure by mimicking the effect of prostaglandins, a naturally occurring substance found in many parts of your body.
- It treats high intraocular pressure caused by open-angle glaucoma or other eye issues
- Xalatan for Glaucoma treatment helps preserve vision by lowering eye pressure and alleviating eye pain.
Xalatan Eye Drops Price:
We are committed to providing the safest and most cost-effective pharmaceutical solutions accessible. Check out the prices we provided above to see how much less we charge for medications than other stores and pharmacies.
- This drug should be applied to the affected eye(s) once daily, as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take this drug more often than suggested as this may reduce its effectiveness.
- Before using eye drops, cleanse your hands. To avoid contamination, do not touch or allow the dropper tip to come into contact with your eye.
- If you wear contact lenses, take them out before using this medication. Place it back after at least 15 minutes.
- Tilt head back, look up and pull the lower eyelid down to form a pouch. Place one drop into the pouch while holding the dropper directly over your eye. Look down, close your eyes gently, and place one finger at the corner of your eye (near the nose). Before opening your eyes, apply mild pressure for 1 to 2 minutes.
Xalatan Side Effects:
All drugs may cause negative effects. However, most patients experience none or only moderate side effects. The following are some of the most common XALATAN adverse effects:
- Redness of the eye
- Itching or stinging
- Watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Dry eyes
- If you get an eye infection, or if you have eye surgery, talk to your doctor about the continuing use of your current bottle. It is possible that you will be instructed to start using a new bottle.
- Following the use of this medication, your vision may become briefly impaired or unstable.
- Do not drive or engage in any activity that needs clear vision until you are confident that you can do so safely.
Frequently Asked Questions:
-While using this medication, are eyelash changes possible?
There may be gradual changes in the eyelashes and vellus hair in the treated eye as a result, including increased length, thickness, pigmentation, number of lashes or hairs, and misdirected growth of eyelashes. When the medication is stopped, the eyelash modifications are usually reversible.
-What is the usual dose of this medication?
Every evening, one drop of Xalatan is placed in the afflicted eye. Strictly follow your doctor’s instructions.