Ditropan XL is an extended-release form of oxybutynin used to treat the symptoms of an overactive bladder, such as incontinence and frequent or urgent urination (urine leakage).
Ditropan XL is also used for children aged 6 and above who have an overactive bladder caused by a neurologic disease such as spina bifida.
Ditropan XL Dosage
- This medication’s suggested beginning dose is 5 mg or Ditropan XL 10 mg once a day, at about the same time each day.
- To achieve a balance of efficacy and tolerability, the dosage can be varied in 5-mg increments.
Patients aged 6 and up are considered pediatric patients
- This medication’s suggested beginning dose is 5 mg once a day, taken at about the same time each day.
- To achieve a balance of efficacy and tolerance, the dosage can be increased in 5-mg increments up to a maximum of 20 mg per day.
- Follow your doctor’s recommendations in the letter. Read the Ditropan XL guide or instruction papers that come with your prescription and follow all of the instructions on the label.
- Take this every day at the same time with a full glass of water.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the extended-release pill; swallow it whole.
Ditropan XL Side Effects
Here are a few of the most common adverse effects:
- Sleepiness, dizziness
- Or a dry mouth
- Constipation and diarrhea are two common symptoms.
- Before taking it, tell your doctor if you are allergic to oxybutynin or if you have any other allergies. Inactive substances in this product may cause allergic reactions or other problems. Consult your pharmacist for further information.
- Dizziness, sleepiness, or blurred vision are all possible side effects of this medicine. You may feel dizzy or exhausted if you drink or consume marijuana (cannabis). Do not drive, operate machinery, or engage in any activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are confident that you can do so safely. Consume alcoholic beverages in moderation. You should consult your doctor if you use marijuana.
- Because it promotes less sweating, this medicine may raise the risk of heatstroke. Avoid being overheated in hot weather, saunas, and during exercise or vigorous activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
-What is Ditropan XL Generic?
This medication’s generic name is Oxybutynin, and there is only a generic form of the oral tablet available. The extended-release pill comes in both generic and brand-name versions. Generic medications are frequently less expensive than branded ones.
-What is this Anticholinergic Drugs Mechanism of Action?
Ditropan XL, also known as generic Oxybutynin Extended Release, is an anticholinergic drug that blocks cholinergic receptors on muscle cells’ surfaces. This process inhibits acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that sends messages, from activating receptors and causing muscles to contract. In this situation, your detrusor muscle relaxes to enable pee to be held in your bladder and contracts when it’s time to discharge the urine.