Feldene is used to relieve the inflammation, swelling, stiffness, and joint pain caused by arthritis. It is prescribed for both sudden flare-ups and for long-term treatment. It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body caused by rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
Feldene is not to be used as long-term therapy. It may be the cause of stomach ulcers and bleeding. Additionally, older adults may be at greater risk of these serious gastrointestinal side effects. Feldene may also increase your risk of life-threatening heart or circulation problems, including heart attack or stroke. It can also make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn may result. Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays. Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing when exposure to the sun is unavoidable.
Before taking Feldene, tell your doctor if:
- You have a history of heart attack, stroke, or blood clot
- You have heart disease, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure
- You have a history of stomach ulcers or bleeding
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You have asthma
- You have polyps in your nose
- You have a bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- You if you smoke
- You have had, or will be having, heart bypass surgery
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding
Feldene Side Effects
- Loss of appetite
- Skin reactions such as rash or itching
- Ulceration or bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- Difficulty sleeping
- Blurred vision
- Allergic reactions such as severe skin rashes, swelling of the lips, tongue and throat (angioedema), or narrowing of the airways (bronchospasm)
- Vomiting or abdominal pain
- Kidney, liver or blood disorders
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Feldene, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies .
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.