Keflex is a cephalosporin antibiotic drug, prescribed for bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, the middle ear, the bones, and the skin. It can alsp be prescribed for reproductive and urinary tract infections. Keflex may also be used before dental procedures in patients with artificial heart valves to prevent serious infection of the heart lining (bacterial endocarditic).
- Before using Keflex, tell your doctor of all the prescription, nonprescription, and herbal products you are using.
- Do not use Keflex if you are allergic to cephalexin, or to other cephalosporin antibiotics.
- Keflex will not treat viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- If you are diabetic you may get a false-positive result for sugar in your urine.
- Check with your doctor before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetic medicine.
Before using Keflex, tell your doctor if you:
- Have diabetes
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- Have a stomach or intestinal disorder such as colitis
- Are malnourished
Keflex Side Effects
- watery diarrhea
- pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, confusion
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness
- confusion, agitation, hallucinations
- urinating less than usual or not at all
- fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash
- mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- dizziness, tired feeling
- joint pain
- vaginal itching or discharge
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Keflex, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies .
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.