Actigall is a medication that is used to dissolve specific types of gallstones and to prevent the formation of gallstones in people who are fast losing weight. Bile, a digestive fluid that aids in the breakdown of lipids and fatty acids, is produced by the gallbladder. Gallstones are bile deposits that solidify in the gallbladder.
They may be present without creating symptoms, but when they clog the bile duct, they can produce symptoms. This medication acts in the liver to minimize the quantity of cholesterol produced. Bile is less prone to produce bile stones when cholesterol release is reduced.
This drug is typically supplied as Actigall 300 mg capsule in bottles of 100 with child-resistant closures
We are committed to providing the safest and most cost-effective pharmaceutical solutions accessible. Check out the prices we provided above to see how much less we charge for medications than other stores and pharmacies.
- This medication tablet should be taken with meals.
- To achieve the right dose, you may need to cut a pill in half.
- With a glass of water, swallow each pill piece whole. A shattered pill may taste bitter.
- After breaking a tablet, keep it apart from the rest of the tablets and utilize it within 28 days.
- For the greatest effects, use Actigall on a regular basis.
- Weight-based dosing is used. If you gain or lose weight, your dosage may change.
Actigall Side Effects:
Here are some examples of typical side effects:
- stomach ache, nausea, and vomiting
- diarrhea and constipation
- coughing, painful throat
- Urination is excruciatingly uncomfortable;
- baldness; or
This is not a full list of potential side effects; others may emerge.
Precaution when using Actigall
- Before using this medication, inform your doctor if you have a history of liver disease. If this is the case, your liver will need to be examined for the first three months of therapy and then every six months following.
- If this medication is used to remove gallstones, it may take several months of therapy to dissolve them.
Frequently Asked Questions
-Is Actigall for Gallstones a good treatment option?
This may be recommended to treat certain forms of gallstones in patients and avoid gall bladder surgery, as well as to prevent gallstones in obese patients who are losing weight quickly. This is a medicine that aids in the regulation of bile and cholesterol production.
You may need to use Actigall for several months to cure gallstones. Some gallstones may not dissolve entirely, and you may develop new gallstones within five years after therapy. Inquire with your doctor about your risk and treatment options.
-When is the best time to take Actigall (ursodiol)?
The best time to take ursodiol is during mealtime unless otherwise directed by your doctor.