The holidays are coming around again pretty soon, and while they bring everyone together, for a short time of great food, relaxation and joy, the weight that tends to hang around afterward, due to all of those festive holiday parties is not so joyous.
How to Avoid “Putting on a Few Pounds” during the holidays:
• Continue to Exercise – Don’t stop your regular exercise schedule on account of the holidays, as starting again after New Year’s can be difficult. If you find that your busy holiday schedule interferes with you workouts, reducing their time is much better than stopping them altogether.
• Don’t Over Eat – All of the holiday party food may be overwhelming, so be sure not overeat, as it can lead to heartburn and weight gain. Eating a healthy meal before going out so that you don’t arrive at an event famished will reduce your chances of over eating.
• Avoid Calorie-Rich Foods – It’s really about moderation. Eating is a central part of the winter holidays, and it’s not fun skip out on all the holiday favorites. That being said, the common holiday foods to moderate include gravies, pastry coated appetizers, caramelized nuts and anything with high sugar content.
• Limit Drinks – Alcoholic beverages are infamous for calories, in fact just three of your favorite alcoholic beverages will often add to an amount of calories equal to a regular meal. Other holiday drinks such as eggnog and gingerbread lattes are high in calories and should be drunk in moderation as well.
• Sleep Well and Relax – Avoiding stress is a crucial part of avoiding weight gain, and while the holidays are often bustling with enjoyable activities, they can be stressful too! Relax with a good book by the fire, take a bath, or do some yoga; it doesn’t matter how you relax, however, it will help to alleviate stress. Getting a good sleep each night will allow you to stay awake during the day, and also help you to limit those specialty coffees.
Losing weight is a process that takes time, effort and determination. Over the winter holidays losing weight can be a challenge, to say the least, however, that’s not to say it can’t be done and these simple methods can help you get to where you want to be: a happy place with your weight and your holiday activities.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by . For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 2002.Read more: “CanDrugStore” – http://www.candrugstore.com/blog/#ixzz0EaSkHrOA&A;