Synthroid is used for the treatment of low thyroid hormone secretion and other thyroid problems. Synthroid not only treats hypothyroidism but also helps to treat or prevent goiter usually caused by hormone imbalances, radiation treatment, surgery, or cancer. It should not be used to treat obesity and weight related problems.
Important information about Synthroid
- Do not consume Synthroid if you are allergic to any ingredients.
- Inform your healthcare provider:
- If you have had a heart attack, a thyroid disorder, or an adrenal gland problem.
- If you have heart disease, coronary artery disease, anemia, diabetes, problems with your pituitary or adrenal glands.
- If you use insulin or take diabetes medicine by mouth
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
How is Synthroid taken?
Take Synthroid exactly as your doctor has prescribed it for you and follow your routine regularly for better results. This medicine replaces a hormone that is normally produced by your thyroid gland. It is generally taken for life, except in cases of short-term low thyroid hormone secretion caused by a inflamed thyroid gland.
Take Synthroid once a day with a full glass of water. It should be taken on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before eating. It is usually taken in the morning before breakfast.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at the next scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose. If overdosed, then seek for emergency medical attention.
Synthroid side effects
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat headache.
- Sleep problems (insomnia).
- Nervous or irritable feelings
- Fever, hot flashes, sweating.
- Changes in your menstrual periods.
- Appetite changes, weight changes.
Store Synthroid at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach of children.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by PharmacyChecker.com. For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/- a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 2002.