Garamycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic that works by slowing the growth of, or killing, sensitive bacteria. It is commonly used to treat surface eye infections caused by certain bacteria. This medication is also used to treat minor infections of the skin.
Important information about Garamycin
Use caution while driving or operating any machinery as Garamycin may cause drowsiness and dizziness, or blurred vision. Be aware that for some weeks after you finish a course of Garamycin you can still get side effects.
This antibiotic only treats bacterial infections. It will not work for virus or fungus infections. Unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness.
Garamycin may cause damage to the kidneys and/or nerves.
Before using Garamycin tell your doctor if you
- have a sulfite sensitivity;
- have kidney diseasep;
- have hearing problems;
- have Parkinson’s disease;
- have a neuromuscular disorder such as myasthenia gravis;
- have any other chronic illnesses;
- are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- increased thirst
- loss of appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- little or no urine
- decreased hearing or ringing in the ears
- dizziness, clumsiness, or unsteadiness
- numbness, skin tingling, muscle twitching, or seizures
- severe watery diarrhea and abdominal cramps
- allergic reaction (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue)
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Garamycin, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies .
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.