Lustra (Hydroquinone) is skin bleaching medicine that is used to lighten areas of darkened skin such as freckles, age spots, chloasma, melasma, skin discolorations that from pregnancy, skin trauma, the use of birth control pills, or hormone replacement therapy. Lustra works by limiting the formation of melanin in the skin; melanin is the pigment in skin that gives it a brown color. Researchers have found that Lustra can lead to a significant decrease in pigmented lesions over a relatively short period. Lustra can also help reduce damage from ultraviolet radiation.
Before using Lustra, tell your doctor if you are allergic to Lustra or to any drugs, you have liver or kidney disease, you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or are breast-feeding a baby during treatment. Tell your doctor about all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, minerals and herbal products that you use.
How Do I use Lustra?
Lustra topical are for external use only. Wash your hands before and after applying this medication
Apply Lustra topical to clean, dry skin. Apply medication to cover the affected area. Avoid applying to the unaffected surrounding skin. Rub in the medication gently and completely.
What Should I Know Before Using Lustra?
- Avoid getting Lustra on your lips or inside your nose, eyes or mouth as it may cause numbness of these areas.
- Your skin may be more sensitive to weather extremes such as cold and wind while using Lustra. Protect your skin with clothing and use a moisturizing cream or lotion as needed.
- Lustra may cause a temporary staining of your skin. This staining can usually be removed with soap and water.
- Do not use Lustra topical on skin that is sunburned, wind burned, dry, chapped, or irritated, or on an open wound.
- Avoid using skin products that can cause irritation, such as harsh soaps, shampoos, or skin cleansers, hair coloring or permanent chemicals, hair removers or waxes, or skin products with alcohol, spices, astringents, or lime.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays (sunlamps or tanning beds). Hydroquinone topical can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn may result. Use a sunscreen (minimum SPF 15) and wear protective clothing if you must be out in the sun.
- Do not use other medicated skin products without asking your doctor.
What Are the Side Effects of Lustra?
- Serious side effects:
- Severe burning
- Other irritation
Less serious side effects:
- Mild burning
- Stinging, itching
- Irritation of treated skin
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Lustra , ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies online by PharmacyChecker.com. For more information on how to order your drugs from Canada safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/- a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy since 2002.