Geodon is an antipsychotic medicine that is used to treat certain mental/mood disorders such as, schizophrenia and the manic symptoms of bipolar disorder.
It works by helping to change the effects of chemicals in the brain.
Before using this medicine, tell your health care provider about any of the following: if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding; if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine; if you are taking any herbal products; if you are taking blood thinners; if you have stomach problems; if you have peptic ulcers; if you have any other medical conditions like liver or kidney function impairment, heart or lung problems.
- Do not use if you have a family history of “Long QT syndrome,” had a heart attack or uncontrolled heart failure.
- Geodon is not for use in psychotic conditions that are related to dementia.
- Geodon may make you more sensitive to temperature changes.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, as it may increase the side effects of Geodon.
- Geodon can make you feel less nervous and improve your concentration. It helps you to think more visibly.
Before taking Geodon, tell your doctor if you
- have low blood levels of potassium;
- have diabetes;
- have a history of breast cancer;
- have seizures or epilepsy;
- have a history of suicidal thoughts;
- have trouble swallowing;
- have liver disease, kidney disease;
- have Parkinson’s disease;
- have uncontrollable movement disorder.
Geodon Side Effects
Serious: Loss of balance or difficulty walking; menstrual changes; prolonged erection; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat; anxiety, headache, depressed mood; fever, stiff muscles, sweating; agitation, hostility, confusion; increased thirst, weakness, extreme hunger.
Less serious: Mild skin rash; dizziness, drowsiness; muscle pain or twitching; nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite; runny or stuffy nose, cough, sore throat; weight gain.
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Geodon, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies .
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.