Edecrin is a diurectic used to reduce the amount of fluid in the body due to congestive heart failure, liver problems, and severe kidney problems. It works by increasing the kidneys elimination of electrolytes and water from the body.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They will need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- abnormal blood electrolytes
- diarrhea or vomiting
- hearing problems
- heart disease
- kidney disease, small amounts of urine, or difficulty passing urine
- liver disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to ethacrynic acid, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How do I take Edecrin?
Always take your medicine exactly as prescribed by your health care provider. Do not take Edecrin more often than directed.
Edecrin is to be taken orally and after a meal. Remember that you will pass more urine after taking this medicine. Take your medicine at a time of day that will not cause you problems.
Edecrin side effects
These side effects should be reported to your doctor as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions such as skin rash or itching, hives, swelling of the
- lips, mouth, tongue, or throat
- blood in the urine or stools
- blurred vision
- dry mouth
- fever or chills
- hearing loss, ringing in the ears
- irregular heartbeat
- muscle cramps, pain or weakness
- unusually weak or tired
- vomiting or diarrhea
These side effects do not require immediate medical attention (report to your doctor if they continue or are bothersome):
- loss of appetite
- stomach upset, pain or nausea
- unusual bleeding or bruising
This information is advisory only. It does not contain all information about this medication. If you have any questions about Edecrin, ask your doctor, pharmacist, or health care provider.
CanDrugstore.com, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC X23), offers low cost, long-term prescription drugs. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all Canadian prescriptions. A certified member of the Canadian International Pharmacy Association, CanDrugstore.com is ranked as one of the best Canadian pharmacies .
For more information on how to order Canada drugs safely and securely call 1-866-444-6376 or visit http://www.candrugstore.com/– a trusted and reliable Canadian online pharmacy for over 5 years.